U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM

138 posts, read 565,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annielennox View Post
Hamilton Mill has a bad rep with the neighboring communities. The kids in the neighborhood are spoiled rich wantabees. One was responsible for getting a great teacher at Dacula High School fired, their lifeguards were accused of throwing feces in the pool to sicken people and get out of work, friends of a drunk driver constantly vandalize their own neighbor and other neighborhoods (it was in the news recently). People that live there are super religious conservative.

As far as Hamilton Mill I know a bunch of people who live there that aren't religious at all or super conservative.

Hasty Generalization is not a good thing.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-25-2007 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: orphaned content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM

16 posts, read 64,846 times
Razormaid69, Buford is a great area. It is a quaint little town with a good mix of residential and commercial properties. The schools are nice, you would be near the Mall of Ga. and Interstate 85. Lake Lanier is a few minutes away and an hours drive would put you in the North Ga. Mountains. It will be about 45 minutes from downtown Atlanta without traffic straight down 85. It depends on where you have employment if this a good fit for for you.

Last edited by jxu66; 08-20-2007 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 AM

24 posts, read 68,045 times
Please be prepared for incredible traffic issues. I just moved last year from Buford (east side of I-85) near Dacula after having lived there for 13 years. When I first moved there, it was great. Nice, quiet neighborhoods. Not much traffic on I-85 until you hit Pleasant Hill. But over the years with all the growth, conjestion was about to kill me with my commute to work. I'm renting a place in Cumming until I can move to Jasper and the beautiful GA mountains. Forsyth is quite nice -- at least until the growth catches up. I'm not against progress and growth. I just wish the DOT and the Dept. of Education in GA would consider the infrastructure and the school systems before zoning changes are made!

Good luck!

Last edited by Ladybook; 08-22-2007 at 08:53 AM..

Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 AM

595 posts, read 2,168,440 times
It's too far out unless you work closer...Buford is suburban sprawl hell IMHO.

Move farther out for country living, or closer in, to get near Atlanta.

But Buford is terrible. IMHO again.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 21,574 times
The great part about Atlanta is that there is something for everyone.

I personally like Buford very much. I have a couple of rental properties there and everyone loves the schools and sense of community. The small histrorical area has great restaurants and is very quiant.

Traffic is an issue, as with anywhere in the metro area. So you should always review that before you make a commitment.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:04 PM

14 posts, read 52,709 times
We use to live on the border of town an enjoyed the dining downtown. They have revived the charm of a town from 40 years ago. The city is made up of a mix of old and new houses in all price ranges. Antique shopping all around there. Close to the malls, but all this comes with the price of traffic. It is close to multiple traffic arteries into Atlanta, but you can spend a lot of time in the car. Live close to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia