Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times

Advertisements

can you imagine your resume with Chicken Butt Pluger on it

or how about
In charge of designing and implementing anti fecal contamination program for poultry processor

well our family had a great time with this but I'm afraid one member is still mad at us for laughing until we cried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 04:06 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,349,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
can you imagine your resume with Chicken Butt Pluger on it
I've always approached it as a work of passion and not a job.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 PM

did you get paid per butt or by the hour?

Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 PM

81 posts, read 106,816 times
Well one problem would be that you'd have to glue the danged things in. Further, stopping up chickens would lead pretty quick to internal infections and all sorts of other internal problems, since the 'nature of a chicken is to poop every ten minutes when they have access to feed. If one wants to transport chickens and minimise poop, simply stop feeding them a few hours before ya gotta travel. We show Chickens, and that's what we do.

As for Chicken diapers, they do exist, but I find them kinda silly, completely unnecessary, and actually counterproductive. Putting something on that holds poop against the birds butt . . .well . . . I think those are for the same sort of folks who dress their cats in designer suits and leave all their money to the cat when they die. I'm only leaving half my fortune to the chickens, I'm not an idiot. :^)

Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 AM

I knew it wouldn't be healthy for the chickens to be all plugged up

But it brings another question. "they" plug up people before they die. Do they do the same thing for chickens, beef etc? I know it would be time consuming but what about meat contamination? Probably not the best forum to ask this question but don't know where else to ask.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM

767 posts, read 2,290,408 times
You could probably find a beef, poultry or pork slaughter house and arrange a tour.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM

81 posts, read 106,816 times
I don't know about all slaughterhouses, but most don't. It's simply easier and more cost efficient to withhold food and water just long enough to minimise fecal waste.

The reality is that slaughter and processing is a pretty nasty gig to watch, which is why silly groups like PETA tend to show just the worst parts, for "gross out shock effect".

Those of us who actually kill stuff we eat on occasion and process it ourselves realize that it's generally much adieu about nothing. Kill it, wash my hands, grill it. The ability of soap for my hands and heat from a nice bed of charcoal to kill microscopic critters in the meat is a good thing!

And vegans don't get off the hook, they're carnivores too, whether they like it or not. The number of bug parts and even rat hair that is allowed in "all products grain-related" is kinda gross! Danged tree-huggin bug eaters!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM

375 posts, read 1,380,885 times
How'd you'd like to explain the cracked windshield to the adjustor? I was following this chicken truck and one of them butt plugs just hit the windshield square on - whattya think he's gonna do, after he picks himself off the ground laughing at you!!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM

631 posts, read 1,092,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtondad View Post
but i've got to admit..chicken butt plugs would be an awesome band name.
lmbo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia