U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:16 PM

13 posts, read 57,539 times

Advertisements

My husband and I might be relocating to the Cairo, GA/Thomasville, GA area. Does anyone know ANYTHING about those areas?! Good & bad...I want to hear it all!! I have two little girls and we love to be active in playgroups and music lessons, etc. We love to be outside and hike or swim. Are there things to do in these areas or is it just boring?! I appreciate any advice that any of you may have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM

15 posts, read 432,522 times
I love Thomasville! It is small but growing fast. It is only 20 minutes from Tallahassee, Fl which has loads to do. I would move there in a heartbeat. I have an aunt there and I have loved visiting there.

Good luck!

FH

Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM

20 posts, read 97,484 times
Cairo is a small town, but very community oriented. i have some friends there and spent some time there. they are all very close. everyone knows everybody..and their business.. TYPICAL SOUTH GEORGIA TOWN!!

don't know much about thomasville, other than it is close to cairo and way more developed with 2 high schools instead of one (in cairo--which is a 1A of 2A at the most)

Old 07-18-2007, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,331 times
Default Through the grapevine...

Hi darlin'!

E's family in GA say that they've heard Thomasville is very nice, and that everyone they know who live there really like it. No details yet though, except that it is a progressive area, and no info on Cairo. I'll keep trying.
Also, depending on where you end up, you'll only be 3 or 4 hours from Saint Simon's!! Give me a call if you're home today, I should be here the rest of the afternoon and evening. Love you!

Terra

Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,331 times
Smile Deb, Thomasville tourist site...pretty!!

http://www.thomasvillega.com/

~Terra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or