Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 17,230 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an apartment in Thomasville and I'm hoping someone can tell me the areas to avoid and where to look. I moved to an apartment in Houston sight unseen and was later told by a cop that "we don't go into the complex unless there is a dead body." We heard bullets flying every night and I had to live there until my lease ran out 6 months later. I don't want to make that mistake again! Can anyone give me advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:59 AM

31 posts, read 155,051 times
try this site Hey Martha... - Powered by eve community (http://community.cnhi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/77910442 - broken link)
thomasville is a very nice quiet town.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:25 PM

Default Thomasville Apartments

Thanks for the website. I will be working in Albany but don't want to live there. I've always liked driving through Thomasville. It's just big enough for me but within driving distance to Tallahassee and beyond if I want to get away for awhile.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:35 PM

31 posts, read 155,051 times
cant blame you on not wanting to live in albany. t-ville is a pretty good drive from albany with the gas prices like they are. have you considered moultrie or even doerun??

Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,037,835 times
Thomasville is quite nice, much more than Albany. However, there are some really run down parts of town - usually right next to the newer developments.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 6,245 times
thomasville is a geat city to live in. zthe people are really nice and the houses are not expensive. if i were you, i would not move anywhere near dawson street or clay street, including ones that go off of it. other streets are nice. if you are looking for a great neighborhood, try Parkway drive, tuxedo drive, or anyting that goes of of tuxedo. anything close to jerger school is nice. If you want an apartment to buy or rent, you should try one in downtown. they just redid the mithchel house and made them beautiful apartments. look into those. You should move to thomasville!

Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 AM

148 posts, read 605,086 times
Default Remington Commons?

Hi,

Are the condos called Remington Commons considered too close to Dawson Street or Clay Street?

When visiting Thomasville, I looked at a condo for sale in Remington Commons. The side street near Remington Commons looked run-down.

Also, this is a side question---

Does Thomasville look to have the potential to become cool and trendy like Decatur, Ga (even though it is a small town)? While visiting recently, noticed a new coffee shop opened in a cool, historic brick loft style building, a new restaurant called 'Sparkle Goat Cafe' and a few other good restaurants (Moon Over Savannah a mainstay) and I think Jonah's Cafe is a recent addition. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else thinks Thomasville is going in the direction of a cool, little foodie and artsy haven (although did not see any art galleries while there).

Thanks for any insights!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM

39 posts, read 134,826 times
I have to say one thing about these threads---after reading so many comments on other City-Data boards (usually on, but not limited to, Florida cities) from nasty people telling others to "stay away" and "don't move here, we have enough of your kind", the people of Thomasville are so kind and welcoming. I have seen so many "come on down/up to Thomasville, we'd love to have you" and "yes, move here" posts and had to re-read them to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I'm not used to that on these boards! lol You are great ambassadors for Thomasville!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM

Well I moved to Thomasville and I LOVE it! I'm near the new high school and the house I bought was so cute and so inexpensive! My neighbors are great, mo crime according to neighbors, and everyone is so friendly. I'm so glad I moved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia