U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 7,668 times

Advertisements

I would like to know about the chemical problem relating to health issues????? Mercy me... Do you have any details and where did you hear of this? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM

5 posts, read 39,548 times
Okay! Sorry I am just now replying to all of you. I didn't know I had to actually check the thread to see responses... I thought I would get an email notice if someone responded! So, this whole time, I thought that no one responded to me. First of all, thank you all for your input. I know we won't get Kansas City/Detroit type snow anywhere in Ga, I was just trying to find a play with ANY snow! Anyway... I just wanted to reply to the couple of people who asked about the health issues. I feel bad, because I cannot remember where I read that. So I can't refer you to it to see it for yourself. I am wanting to say it was up in Copperhill, TN on the North GA border and any of those surrounding towns. I am so sorry that I can't give you more info!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 03:12 PM

14 posts, read 46,657 times
Well first off, some of the information on here about snow might be a tad bit incorrect. On average, Ft. Mtn. (located east of Chatsworth/west of Ellijay) sees over one foot of snow per season with that coming in 3 to 5 snows. Other locations farther east and of higher elevation (Ft. Mtn.'s is roughly 2500 ft.) typically see at least one foot of snow per season. Basically to see snow in the mountains, stay north and east of a Gainesville to Jasper to Chatsworth line.

Also as to the chemical problem: I have not heard of any problems officially in the Northwest Georgia air, but I would bet my bottom dollar that the zillions of carpet mills we have in this area must do something to the air quality/weather around here.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,787 times
Ellijay ALWAYS get snow....... Rome is getting a bit to crowded if you ask me.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM

150 posts, read 426,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KandW View Post
Ellijay ALWAYS get snow....... Rome is getting a bit to crowded if you ask me.
Ellijay is getting over crowded it used to be nice though until half of Florida moved there. It doesnt always get snow though usually just dustings.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM

14 posts, read 46,657 times
Don't forget the half of metro Atlanta that has moved up into the Ellijay/Blue Ridge area as well. Everyone just wants to come to the mountains to say they can experience the country life. Hate to break it to all yall ATL'ns and Floridians but you don't experience the country life, you have to live it.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM

150 posts, read 426,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFF26 View Post
Don't forget the half of metro Atlanta that has moved up into the Ellijay/Blue Ridge area as well. Everyone just wants to come to the mountains to say they can experience the country life. Hate to break it to all yall ATL'ns and Floridians but you don't experience the country life, you have to live it.

lOL it really stinks on weekends like this one you see nothing but Suvs with those dumb cargo boxes on top of them coming up to crowd the mountain towns. Next holiday weekend Im going to Florida it must be deserted. They just don't fit in and want to change the country to the city they left behind. It's alright plenty of people for me to give wrong directions to.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM

593 posts, read 2,632,181 times
I actually seek out snow. When we get into late january if there isn't any I have a tradition of taking off for a day when snow is in the forecast in W.NC and go up there. So with that, I have noticed the places in Georgia that get the most amount of snow, more reliably are the high elevation towns close the the border. Like Blairsville and Rabun county.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,063 times
My brother just moved to Elijah and the rest of the family would like to follow. We are looking for higher elevations. I've looked at Blue Ridge. Anyone know anything about towns above 2000 feet?

Old 10-15-2015, 05:59 PM

744 posts, read 2,197,897 times
The highest settlement in Georgia is Suches(unincorporated area mainly in Union County ) elevation - 3000 ft.
Towns (incorporated with elevations over or just at 2,000 ft.
1) Dillard @2,135 ft ( Rabun County )
2)Hiawassee @2,000 ft( Towns County )

Towns at 1900 + ft
1) Blairsville @1949 ft ( Union County )
2) Young Harris @1923 ft( Towns County )
3) Clayton @1939 ft ( Rabun County )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or