Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 PM

4 posts, read 13,808 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have been lurking around for some info on Gray, GA in Jones County, but I dont see much.

We were looking at the Graystone Park community.

Any advise on schools, areas, builders, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 PM

bueller??? bueller??

Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 PM

76 posts, read 405,678 times
All I can tell you is they are serious about their 35mph speed limit in the center of town. There's not much there except for US Hwy 129.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,897 times
Hi we are moving to gray from the Atlanta area. I also have looked in graystone park. The homes look nice. Have you learned anything about the area? Do you live in the area. We have looked in gary because of the schools. They seem to be the best in the macon area.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile4christy View Post
Hi we are moving to gray from the Atlanta area. I also have looked in graystone park. The homes look nice. Have you learned anything about the area? Do you live in the area. We have looked in gary because of the schools. They seem to be the best in the macon area.
We live out of state right now. All I know is that part of Macon is in Jones County, but Gray is about 20 minutes from downtown Macon. We have yet to make a trip there...hopefully soon. We have family in Gray. We also have some family in Dallas, but ruled that our b/c of the commute to Atlanta. (although you seem to get more house for your $ in Dallas)

Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,744 times
Hi, I happen to own Graystone Park. Thanks for looking here. Right now all of our homes are under contract. If I can help you with building you one I would be happy to help. I have 2 I am building now for newcomers

Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,670 times
Not sure if you're still looking for info on Gray, GA. I've been living in Jones Co for 16 years now. It's one of those laid-back, small town counties. Jones Co. school system does have one of the best educations in the middle GA area. Gangs are not a problem there. Everyone tends to get along there. Gray used to be a small town where everybody knew everybody in someway, but in the last few years, the county has grown so quickly that so many people are moving in. So it's becoming a little big for everyone to know everyone now. When it comes to shopping, Gray does have a reasonable selection of restaurants (fast-food and sit-down); for groceries, there's an Ingles. For other shopping and pharmacies, there's a new Fred's, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Ace Hardware. If that isn't enough for you, then Macon, GA, and Milledgeville, GA, are not but about a 15min. drive for anything else you could want. Also, Jones Co. is known for its very country way of living. I hope this is of some help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia