U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 8,892 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking at a possible relocation with a job in Moultrie, GA.

We are accustomed to new homes and neighborhoods with amenities such as sidewalks, street lights, parks, playgrounds, and pools. I'm not having any luck finding anything like that. I see there's lots of land there and we're not used to that. Most of the homes are older, which is fine if we could find one in decent shape, with not a lot of work to do.

I guess this is city girl moving to the country sort of. Not city like New York or Atlanta, but just used to having things close by.

Can anyone give us ideas of areas we could live closeby and find newer, possible golf course communities, good schools, as we have a rising 2nd grader (we've found Hamilton and Doerun to be good schools). The big problem seems to be that when we plug in some of the smaller surrounding towns such as Ellenton, Autreyville, and some others, our search shows nothing found. I don't know if that means no homes for sale or the computer has never heard of it.

We're not opposed to small town living, it'll be a first for us, but there's definitely something to be said about living like that. We're from Charleston, SC, lived in Savannah, GA and now live in Bluffton, SC, which is growing by leaps and bounds daily. So we're exicted about the possibility.

Where's the nearest super center walmart? Mall? Good churches?

Any help is appreciated.

Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 5,750,154 times
From South Ga so can help. There are a few new subdivisions going up on the south side of Moultrie. Talokas drive and Sunset elm school districts are the nicest areas to me and that is a good school. A very good golf course (Sunset) nearby there and a great walking trail. There also is a Wal-Mart super center not far away on veterans parkway.

You will have to travel 30,40 minutes to Valdosta or Albany for a decent mall. (Albany has the largest but Valdosta recently expanded) You might want to do a lot of your shopping and entertaining in these towns. Valdosta has a nice amusement park (Wild Adventures).

People you meet will be friendly and I garantee many of them will invite you to their church so you should have no problem finding one. They also will reccomend places to go and things to do.

We are definately talking small town living in this area. You may have to drive through 30,40 miles of cotton fields, pines, and orchards or even 60 miles to Thallahassee to find some of the things you are accoustomed to having at your finger tips in Savannah. Ive known a few people transplant there from as far away as Indiana and Missouri some like me find it just too slow and limited others love it. Either way hope all works our well. Good luck!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,626 times
Try to stay within the Sunset or RB Wright Elementary School districts when relocating. I have had very good personal experience with RB Wright, but also know that Sunset is a very good school. Next to that would be Norman Park Elementary; between Tifton and Moultrie.

Would love for your family to visit Lifespring Community Church across from Spencefield. Everyone is welcome and loved. We have very good programs for children.

Moultrie is a small town, but is growing because of the bypass (Veterans Parkway) that goes from Tallahassee to Atlanta runs through here. We do have a new 6 movie theater, skating rink, Arts Center, YMCA.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
hwd

19 posts, read 160,938 times
Default Moultrie is in the middle of it all..........

Moultrie Georgia, is a prime location to move to in Southwest Georgia. It is the most centrally located city in Southwest Georgia. Within 30 to 40 miles of: Albany, Tifton, Valdosta, Thomasville, Adel, Camilla, Sylvester, Quitmain, Cairo.

Within an hour of Tallahassee, Bainbridge, etc.

Moultrie is growing! As reported in Georgia Trend Magazine in August 2007, Moultrie/Colquitt County has 47 subdivisions either under construction or in the works, including the newly announced and started, Preserve at Cobblestone, which will be a Gated-Community. The subdivisions range in homes from $60,000 to $400,000 and higher and everything in between.

Commercial growth is expanding rapidly also with the following recently opened, under construction or in the works:
Lowe's, The Home Depot, Arby's, Chick-fil-A, Quizno's, 2 new Mexican Restaurants, Cedar River Seafood, Pizza Buffet, 2 new coffee shops as well as more retail and restaurant development in the planning stages.

Moultrie/Colquitt County is a community of nearly 45,000 people and is projected to be near 50,000 by 2010 which will make it the 3rd most populated county behind Lowndes and Dougherty Counties.

Moultrie is home to many yearly festivals and events including 2 Classic Car Shows, Two Arts and Craft Shows, Spring Fling, Downtown Concerts at the Downtown Moultrie Amphitheater, as well as one of the largest events in Georgia, The Sunbelt Expo which draws over 200,000 people to Moultrie every October.

Moultrie has an award winning historic Downtown, which was just recognized for its growth, preservation and amount of events that draw thousands to downtown Moultrie every year including during the holidays where the entire downtown is covered in a canopy of lights!

Need more information, just ask or go to: Moultrie-Colquitt County Chamber of Commerce

Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM

14 posts, read 54,221 times
Smile Moultrie-Thomasville

I live in Thomasville but I consider Moultrie equal (almost). We are closer to the coast of course. There are a lot of good things going on in Thomasville. 2 golf courses, good schools, drama teams, art society. Link to Thomasville
Thomasville, Georgia
I am starting a blog on Thomasville which will have historical, current events and lots of pictures. I am working on that now and hope to have it up soon.
It will be called Plantation Review. I hope this helps and if you have any questions or need anything from our area to assist you in your decision, I would be glad to help, just email me.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:48 PM

11 posts, read 68,464 times
Moultrie is a beautiful place to me. It seems like the town that time forgot. Great place to raise a decent family. I have a client that is an investor, but he's getting older and recently had an open heart surgery. I'm trying to find an investor that might be interested in a package deal. The properties are in moultrie and there are 6 of them. They range from 55 to 100 per or he will sell the whole package for 300K. If you know anyone who might be interested, please let me know.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 16,733 times
someone please tell me about Moultrie?

Old 01-17-2008, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 16,733 times
To wren17, can you give me information on Moultri. You seem to be pretty high about the town and area!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 8,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
My family and I are looking at a possible relocation with a job in Moultrie, GA.

We are accustomed to new homes and neighborhoods with amenities such as sidewalks, street lights, parks, playgrounds, and pools. I'm not having any luck finding anything like that. I see there's lots of land there and we're not used to that. Most of the homes are older, which is fine if we could find one in decent shape, with not a lot of work to do.

I guess this is city girl moving to the country sort of. Not city like New York or Atlanta, but just used to having things close by.

Can anyone give us ideas of areas we could live closeby and find newer, possible golf course communities, good schools, as we have a rising 2nd grader (we've found Hamilton and Doerun to be good schools). The big problem seems to be that when we plug in some of the smaller surrounding towns such as Ellenton, Autreyville, and some others, our search shows nothing found. I don't know if that means no homes for sale or the computer has never heard of it.

We're not opposed to small town living, it'll be a first for us, but there's definitely something to be said about living like that. We're from Charleston, SC, lived in Savannah, GA and now live in Bluffton, SC, which is growing by leaps and bounds daily. So we're exicted about the possibility.

Where's the nearest super center walmart? Mall? Good churches?

Any help is appreciated.

Karen
Moultrie is a great place to raise kids! I moved there about two years ago and have grown to love it...although there isn't much to do, Albany, Thomasville,Valdosta, and Tifton are only a skip away! There are lots of new contruction and older homes on the market, all of which are in a good price range, shape, and area! Good Luck and I really do hope that you will find Moultrie a new adventure!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:22 PM

11 posts, read 68,464 times
Rooney!
Sorry I didn't reply away, sometimes I get caught up in being a workaholic. If you need to email me with specific questions, feel free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or