Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM

296 posts, read 638,404 times

Advertisements

my neighbordood in cobb county became very transient. mexican men being dropped off late at night..walking the streets and and whooping it up. cops were no help as those men can run! the cars, and toys and garbage that piles up on mexicans property was a major eyesore. my teen daughter was accosted by these people you are so fond of. her and i couldnt go outside without a large group of these men standing around, pointing and saying stuff along with very lewd actions. shall i add that my employer at the time fired me to hire an illegal. how do i know? because the idiot boss told me she was and would work for whatever he wanted. not only did my tax dollars go to these bottom dwellers but they took my freedom and job. when they learn english, pay taxes and pay for their own services, food and medical care..get back to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times
Wow, living in counties with 12-14% hispanics has really put you through something. Time to move to Kentucky?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:25 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Wow. Just wow.. see, this is why I want to get out of Georgia. Just because someone isn't your skin color or is foreign to you doesn't make them the reason your town went down in value.
My problem isn't with anyone's skin color, but the content of their character. A large majority of Mexicans in GA are here illegally. That makes the content of their character criminal.

I'm the son of an immigrant who came here legally and did all the inconvenient and time consuming things necessary to immigrate here. I for one resent the attitude of entitlement that some illegals have. When an area is overrun by 3rd world people who are not economically able to make their way here, they do drag down the neighborhood. One only has to look at areas where this has happened. It's not a comment on their skin color, but rather their economic and social status.

Sorry that the truth isn't politically correct.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:18 AM

575 posts, read 1,198,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
My problem isn't with anyone's skin color, but the content of their character. A large majority of Mexicans in GA are here illegally. That makes the content of their character criminal.

I'm the son of an immigrant who came here legally and did all the inconvenient and time consuming things necessary to immigrate here. I for one resent the attitude of entitlement that some illegals have. When an area is overrun by 3rd world people who are not economically able to make their way here, they do drag down the neighborhood. One only has to look at areas where this has happened. It's not a comment on their skin color, but rather their economic and social status.

Great response!!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:26 PM

296 posts, read 638,404 times
thank you for that answer. you are 100% correct in that. i'm just looking for a safe place to live where people do have pride, they do care, they do pull their own weight and yes they are legal. i could care less what race, planet or origins they are. i work hard and play by the rules and laws..why does someone who doesnt, live better and just expect things?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

no comment.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
no comment.

I agree........No comment

Old 06-18-2011, 02:56 PM

950 posts, read 3,191,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Wow. Bartow county not only passed Floyd in this last census, it trounced us!
It has long been expected that Bartow would surpass Floyd in population.

I think this wouldn't have happened if the state didn't delay with the Atlanta-Huntsville-Memphis highway projection.

Don't worry Rome will remain the most important city in northwest Georgia. For couple of years, I guess.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:19 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,971,139 times
As for Rome, I'd say watch out for Dalton.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Rome is at a disadvantage not being located along an interstate. I also agree that Dalton has the potential to hit a growth spurt as Chattanooga continues to grow and prosper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia