Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:34 PM

71 posts, read 275,076 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have just found this forum and I am new here. I was just wondering if someone could give me a little insight on a few city down there. I have found that Peach Tree City was voted one of the best places to live. I have never been to PTC but I like what I see on the Satellite. It seems as though all the shopping is like right down the street. This is the type of living I am use to. I am from the suburbs of Chicago and I just want wamer weather! The schools are great and I have honestly done countless hours of research on making this move to Georgia. As always experience is the best teacher so I need some help guys. My hubby loves Fayetteville but it seems a little to country for me.. I didn't see not a store near the area where he wants to live near Horton Lake. I need side walks... hee hee. Now Newnan how is Newnan the schools don't appear to be the best in Coweta County but real estate is cheaper. I don't hear much about Newan either. The job market is is getting any better I work in the medical field? A little insight on the nearest hospitals will be great! Piedmont, Emory, and anymore you may think of. How far is it to Atlanta exactly from these cities in terms of minutes on a good day no traffic. Sorry I am so long winded but i'll be down in PTC to get a feel for it in April. Please respond someone if at all possible.... Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 12:44 PM

64 posts, read 214,960 times
Newnan is about 30 miles from Atlanta so its not bad I-85 runs right down the middle of Newnan theres no interstate in Fayette County where Peachtree city & Fayetteville are so thats one big down side Newnan has every store you could want and more opening as Newnan is growing very fast a new 9 story state of the art hospital is being built in Newnan the schools are known for being very good here i almost forgot a cancer hospital is also being built if you need any more info feel free to ask I have lived in Newnan for 15 years

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Hey Todd thanks for your response. What is the completion date of the new hospital being built. Any info on white oaks at spring lake apartments i think that's the name?

Old 03-07-2010, 07:46 PM

17 posts, read 47,089 times
Candy,

We just moved from Senoia, which is 2 miles from PTC, south of Newnan. I still have a house for sale there.

I usually shopped in either Newnan or PTC. In PTC, there is an outdoor shopping center called "The Avenue" with stores such as Children's Place, the Loft, Talbots, and more. THere are also other shopping centers and big stores like Target and Home Depot, etc. Newnan is the same. The new shopping center there is called Ashley Park and has many stores. It's also an outdoor, sidewalk type shopping center. My 12 year old daughter loved it. There are good places to shop in either place, but if you want a "mall" you will have to drive into Atlanta. As far as hospitals go, I would recommend looking into Piedmont Fayette Hospital, its on Hwy 54 going from PTC to Fayetteville. I had my daughter there and love it! My husband also worked on equipment there in the imaging dept and I loved his coworkers. Newnan also has a hospital and a new one being built, but I think it will still be a while before it is done. Yes, parts of Fayetteville are a little more country, but there is a huge shopping center in the Northern part of Fayetteville called the Pavilion. From PTC, you can go straight up Hwy 74 (4 lane, traffic is never too bad) and hit I-85 to the airport and the city of ATL (and many more hospitals). Depending upon where you are in PTC, it will take 10-15 minutes to reach the interstate, not too bad (and you'll be further north than from Newnan, plus traffic in Newnan backs up a lot more). Just my two cents. Good luck with your move.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM

I think it is to open in early 2012 but the old Newnan hospital should be just fine till then to tell you the truth those are not the best apartments but they have been getting better in the last few years

Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Shelly thanks so much for your 2 cents they add up hee hee... I actually have filled out a few apps for Piedmont but all were not a go. I'm wondering if it is difficult to get into Piedmont because I have over 10 yrs. of experience? I mean are they cheap because up here I get paid very well? You know you have to list your salary are they frightened? I understand there is a cost of living difference in pay but dag. So the mall thing who does mall shopping anymore? I don't Wal Mart is good i'm not stuck on names I would rather take a trip with that money. The strip mall shopping reminds me of Outlet type malls which are very nice to visit in the summer. Which other hospitals that are near these two cities that I can apply to? Emory is that far away?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd hayes View Post
I think it is to open in early 2012 but the old Newnan hospital should be just fine till then to tell you the truth those are not the best apartments but they have been getting better in the last few years
Thanks Todd, I want the truth please tell me more! I am really looking to buy but renting for a year is not bad that's why I won't rule it out yet. I need info from ppl who live, work, stay, and play there or have lived there. I'm use to quite and we live in a beautiful neighborhood now and i'm trying to keep it at the same level. I wouldn't want to shock my kids if you know what I mean. You know how a neighborhood may appear nice at first glance but wait till the sun glare gets out your eye and you be like omg what did I get myself into. I'm trying to avoid that. What other apartment subs do you suggest rather it be in Newnan or PTC?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM

most of all the other apartments should be just fine. like you said you cant always tell by the way someplace looks the apartments you were looking into have had a bit of a crime problem , there have been a few murders robbiers stuff like that , but I havent heard of anything happing there in a year or so. You should look into the Stillwood Farms apartments, Villas at Newnan Crossing apartment or the Preserve at Greison Trail apartments all of these are in Newnan

Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM

Emory is not a bad drive its about 30 mins lots of people that work there live in the Newnan , Peachtree city area

Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Yeah, I got my eye on Emory. Your right 30 mins is not to bad to commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia