Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selectedd View Post
Hello Phyllis,

Thank you for your reply. I will be flying to Atlanta, and driving to Blairsville to see for myself real soon.

Any advice on a Real Estate agent with integrity? I use the internet and come up with 10 homes and a couple of lots that I wish to see. Every time I give an agent my requirements, they pay no attention to them, hold me captive in their car, and show me what they want to show me.

It really gets frustrating.

Edd
We have a 3/3 cabin w/att. 2 car garage for rent or sale in Blairsville, very desirable Track Rock area, on 1 acre overlooking a beautiful tumbling creek. If interested e-mail @ dm2236@earthlink.net Love the area!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 25,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
I suppose you've already been to the Blairsville website. All I can say is the scenic photos don't seem to have been retouched. It is that nice in real life.

The weather is good (4 seasons), and if you enjoy hiking, photography, horseback riding, or golf, you'll stay busy. Food, hardware and building materials are easy to find, Saks or Macy's and similar are not. Crime is very low (but I'll bet you already knew that).

Housing - I'm assuming here you'd want something you wouldn't be ashamed to invite visitors in - is going to run $180k to whatever you want. With a lot of luck, you might find an older home for less.
Bare acreage, $20k up.

You can drive to Atlanta in under 2 hours, sometimes.
AMTRAK about 1 hr. away in Toccoa or Gainesville.

A good place to raise kids, and there are several small but good colleges in the area as well.

Hi,

I can tell you the photos posted don't do the area justice -- it's more beautiful than any photo can capture (no slight to any of the photographers -- I am one of them :0) I live here and the views are outstanding.

As far as real estate goes, it really depends on what you are looking for. In my humble opinion, you can't find too much in the $180k range that has what people like me would be looking for: water (lake/river/creek, acreage, mountains (a.k.a "big views" in the real estate flyers) or private. My husband and have a few rental properties up here and that's what people seem to want. My Mom is a local real estate agent and she confirms that.

Shopping: Wal-Mart in Murphy is the store up here, but there are little place like Alexander's (everything from clothing to furniture). The outlets (N GA Premium Outlets) are about an hour away in Dawsonville, GA. If you want a mall -- the closest is in Kennesaw, GA and it will take you 2 hours to get to, on average.

Something to note: Union County is a DRY county, meaning there is zero alcohol served in any store or restaurant. It will take you at least 1/2 hour to get to a store that serves alcohol and every town is different (for instance, Blue Ridge and Hiawassee have beer and wine, but no hard liquor. Some towns have hard liquor and wine, but no beer, etc...)

Also, voilent crime is low, but the crime rate can be deceiving when it comes to petty crime. I have neighbors who have been robbed several times. People steal tools, copper connectors on the propane tank. etc...)

Hope this helps,

Last edited by CRPTBAGGER; 02-27-2008 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: forgot crime info

Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Well, I agree that Blairsville is a great place, but will somebody let the OP know how to properly pronounce it?
"Blarsvul"

Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 PM

31 posts, read 92,073 times
?Good luck the restaurants arnt attached to service stations, they just tast like it! and no booze to mak it seem better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia