Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
3-month old thread but I didn't see it until today. I rarely look on the Georgia forum.

We moved to Woodstock from Johns Creek about 2 years ago and we love it here. Woodstock downtown is really starting to develop and has gotten some interesting (and quirky) shops and restaurants. 92 is typical overdeveloped suburbia. But the downtown area is interesting and getting better. Probably too boring for some, but for us it's a good balance.
haha.. the right wing tavern is it. you should check it out.

i only go there for the bicycle store though. but from a visual inspection i really havent seen any store that stood out as recent or great. pm me if im missing something if you have the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
haha.. the right wing tavern is it. you should check it out.

i only go there for the bicycle store though. but from a visual inspection i really havent seen any store that stood out as recent or great. pm me if im missing something if you have the time
Sadly The Right Wing Tavern closed a few weeks ago. It is being replaced by a restaurant called "Freight Kitchen and Tap". The bicycle shop is great! I'm a regular there.

Not sure when you were up here last, but recent openings have included: Holly Springs Jewelers (relocated from up the road), Blue Frog Imports, Ember Hot Yoga, Maxwell's Cigar Bar, Funky Paintbrush, The Wright Stuff Collectibles, Yoguri (yogurt), Copper Coin Coffee (which I think is the old Woodstock Coffee Shop relocated from Town Lake), Cotton Mill Deli. And of course we still have FoxTale Book Shop, Magnolia Thomas, and Vingenzo's.

Places that are about to open include: Ipps (run by the son of the Ippolito family, and with a similar menu), Firestone Grill(? ... I think that's the name).

Also, The Elm Street Players recently relocated to downtown Woodstock and there are plans to build an ampitheater in the city park and an entire "cultural arts" area just off of Main Street.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
i was up in the ace like last week.. weird about the tavern. it looked like it was open. then again i didnt look specifically.

right. wont catch me in a paintbrush/art or yoga store but few others i need to go check out. i hope the theater happens. that is needed for sure.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:59 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,364 times
Some of you are the most judgmental people I've ever seen.

It seems that some of you act like native-southerners have no place in the region. Some of you act like we're a tiny minority. Well tell you what, you're wrong on both accounts.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:31 AM

5 posts, read 8,589 times
Looking to buy a home in the Bradshaw farm development anyone know about it..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia