Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM

951 posts, read 745,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
If they live in an apartment, they aren't paying property taxes because people in apartments don't pay them.

The renter passes on the property tax to the renters through the cost of rent. Renters pay property taxes as well. Otherwise, I agree with your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
So what? Where is it written that the people of the US owe folks from another country the right to come here, especially when the people coming here are indigent and often require US taxpayers to support them. Why aren't these people and their apologists here in the US working to improve conditions in their native countries? Let's put the burden where it belongs. Then if the same people want to apply for immigration visas to the US, let them.
Citation needed. Almost all economists agree that immigrants (illegal too) are a net benefit to our economy.

Quote:
200 years ago, we needed people to immigrate to the US to help us settle our lands and build the new country. We welcomed essentially anyone who wasn't physically ill. In the 20th century, we realized that we could not sustain unlimited immigration, and we put quotas and rules in place, including rules around financial support. We welcomed immigrants who brought value in the form of skills that were in need.
Wrong. Basically every restriction on immigration passed in the US, starting with Naturalization Act of 1790, which limited immigration to only white people, to the Chinese Exclusion Act, to the Immigration Act of 1924 to keep out the Jews and the Slavs and the Italians, was passed for overtly racist reasons.

Quote:
When my mother immigrated here, she had to get affidavits signed from relatives that stated that they would support her if necessary. Today, people come here and expect the US taxpayer to support them, and we foolishly do it.
Citation needed. Illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare. They come here to work.

Quote:
We should welcome people who come here legally, and in the process bring skills that add to the fabric of our society, including the ability to obey the law. What we don't need are indigents from other countries with no skills, who want to come here to earn money and send that money back home. We have enough domestic bloodsuckers already. We don't need imported ones.
So basically if we reformed immigration to allow these people who have to sneak in a legal option to work you would be fine with it? OK then, that's all we want too. The issue is that it's virtually impossible for a blue collar Mexcian immigrant to get a work visa.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 04-28-2011 at 11:26 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
"As someone who produces specialized services and consumes a range of goods and services that often require a large unskilled labor component, the illegal immigrant population has a significant net benefit on my life." ~Testa50

This is all I had to read, in addition to the many other rantings, to come to one conclusion: You are a slave laborer, making tons of money, AND are an illegal immigrant, under the guise of a fake social security number, therefore you pay no taxes, because the IRS cannot find you, and you help illegals get their fake social security numbers so that they can further rape my country America.

You sir, should be beheaded.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 AM

3,708 posts, read 5,982,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
"As someone who produces specialized services and consumes a range of goods and services that often require a large unskilled labor component, the illegal immigrant population has a significant net benefit on my life." ~Testa50

This is all I had to read, in addition to the many other rantings, to come to one conclusion: You are a slave laborer, making tons of money, AND are an illegal immigrant, under the guise of a fake social security number, therefore you pay no taxes, because the IRS cannot find you, and you help illegals get their fake social security numbers so that they can further rape my country America.

You're a ways off. You would use the fake social security number TO pay taxes--not to avoid them. People who don't pay taxes don't use a fake social security number at all. But that severely limits your work opportunities, since most employers aren't comfortable paying under the table.

You really need to step up your knowledge of the methods by which the immigrants rape your country America. Your understanding is really limited apparently. (But, of course, you have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that they are in fact raping your country by picking onions for $5 an hour--this conclusion you can be certain of, even when our evidence to support it is shown to be untrue...you'll simply create new evidence to support the conclusion! You'll never have to question your conclusions EVER!!!)

Last edited by testa50; 04-29-2011 at 11:54 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:

haha. It's quite the opposite actually as the link I provided earlier shows. Illegal immigrants PAY IN but NEVER GET IT BACK. They are padding these accounts and they will never see anything out of them.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
haha. It's quite the opposite actually as the link I provided earlier shows. Illegal immigrants PAY IN but NEVER GET IT BACK. They are padding these accounts and they will never see anything out of them.
We know they send much of their funds to Mexico. Don't act like it doesn't happen.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
We know they send much of their funds to Mexico. Don't act like it doesn't happen.
The $50 billion or so in remittance outflows from the US represents like 0.33% of the American economy--and as I've said earlier, a major chunk of that (if not most) is from LEGAL immigrants.

And who really cares anyways? Most of the money goes towards making some dirt poor people in third world countries get through another day. Are you that hot and bothered about this whole issue that you actually want to end that money stream that by and large goes towards paying for bare essentials (many of which are US exported crops, for what it's worth) to keep some really poor people alive? I'm trying hard to suppress an image of the Sheriff of Nottingham taking money from the church mice in the animated Robin Hood.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
You're full of ***** and everybody here knows it. You even had to make up a new alias to stand by your side. People like you SUCK. Get the hell out of my country. We have enough problems without you dragging us down.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
You're full of ***** and everybody here knows it. You even had to make up a new alias to stand by your side. People like you SUCK. Get the hell out of my country. We have enough problems without you dragging us down.
The hilarious/scary thing about this is that you're actually being serious! Wow!!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
If you are really worried about where they spend their money, providing them a legal option of coming here to work would solve everything. They wouldn't have to ship money home and could spend all their money in our economy.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 04-30-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia