U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:29 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,559,067 times

Advertisements

If the wife would agree we would be full time Blue Ridge, GA instead of part time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

925 posts, read 2,350,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
i don't see why it matters if an area is culturally diverse. Why does it have to be all white?

PS: Could anybody elaborate more on the white flight in Henry County? I wasn't aware of this
Take a look at this:

Henry County Schools:

2000: school-aged population: roughly 80% white
2004- school-aged population: 61.0% white
2009: school-aged population: 41.9% white

Whites are being run out of practically the whole Atlanta area. It's pretty sad.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I hate to say it but when I read things like that it makes me wonder about the person.

I mean I can understand if someone wants to be around people of their own color, but you don't necessarily have to be in a "WHITE TOWN" for that.

I mean I'm black but I wouldn't have a problem staying in a town as long as I know it has some people with similar interest as me there. I wouldn't care about the town being majority white and living around white people as long as it had a enough people of my own kind so I wouldn't feel 100% out of place.
I'm white, and I could care less if I see another black person in my life. Does that make me wrong?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otoatlanta View Post
For people who lack exposure, this may very well be the case.
It's the exact opposite. I had tons of exposure, and I have no desire to be in a diverse area. I want to be around my own kind. Most individuals who have little exposure are fascinated by what's different, as long as it doesn't become the majority of the area. At that point, they've had exposure, and no longer desire it.

Quote:
No, it is in fact the case. But for educated people(many of whom do NOT live in the backwoods of Clayton) this is not typically the case.
So you ridicule Clayton, Georgia in the same sentence that you're trying to make an argument about being inclusive and tolerant. Talk about hypocritical.

Quote:
I have found that the more educated, the more outwardly interested they become.
Are you serious? It's not a product of education. I can't believe you believe this heap of sociological thinking, probably shoved onto you via a sociology department of some university. They really are arrogant enough to believe the easily-debunked garbage that they spew.

Quote:
Narcissim(a natural human desire to see one's own reflection in EVERYTHING) seems to be more prevalent in small towns, and in less educated parts of the world.
No, that's pretty much prevalent everywhere, you simply are being stereotypical and pinning it down on rural whites, just as the left wing mainstream media does.

Quote:
I also think that people tend to use racially homogenous areas to highten their sense of security. We have been socialized this way, but ignorance keeps it going. People believe that they are "safer" around people who have their same "skin color".
Statistics will tell you that blacks are much more likely to commit crimes against a person than any other race. Hey, even Chris Rock and Jesse Jackson admit such.

White communities are safer, and as such, even though a white person wants to be around his own, for the simple fact that everyone desires to be around their own, the safeness factor is also considered.

Quote:
This is ridiculous. There are "blacks" who are whiter than some "whites". What neighborhood should they live in?
These blacks obviously have European blood. However, race isn't merely skin color, it is also skull shape, lip shape, nose shape, hair texture, intelligence quotient, propensity for genetic disorders, or phenotypic differences that may exist in one race, that does not exist in another race.

Quote:
Many Mexicans are direct descendants of Spainards(Europeans)-meaning they are white. Where should they live?
The Mexicans living in the U.S. are mostly Indians or Mestizos. They aren't white Mexicans of pure Spanish background. Since about 80% living in this part of the U.S. are illegal, they should be living in Mexico.

Quote:
There are many deeply tanned "whites" who look Middle Eastern. Where do they go?
A tan is the body's natural protection against the sun, through the release of melanin. Please do not be silly. Race isn't simply about skin color.

Quote:
Most of the time when people talk about "racial" differences, what they really are talking about is "cultural" differences; but cultural differences transcend racial differences.
Cultural and racial differences. Racial differences are basically impossible to overcome for true assimilation to occur. Acculturation can occur, but there are more problems created by way of diversity, either racial or cultural, than without it.

Quote:
A Mexican of European descent would likely feel more comfortable around Mexicans of any race, than around white Americans of European descent who hated immigration.
Well, only because they can't speak to White Americans because of language barriers. I feel more comfortable around white Brits than American blacks, as we both speak the same language. If Mexican whites spoke English, they'd prefer the company of White Americans of Europeans to those who were of another race that were of their nationality.

Quote:
A lot of black Africans don't feel comfortable around American blacks who dislike immigration. Hello. It is political and cultural differences shaping these issues, not racial, and that's usually the case.
Cultural differences are real, but so are racial. You need to realize that the world is complex, and that race is a barrier, just as culture is a barrier. A black African will see himself different from a black American, but so will a black American see himself different from a white American.

Quote:
Racism(and looking to race to make life decisions) is just ignorance imo, as it is extremely superficial. It may be a preference, but it is a preference that "ignores" reality.
Reality is that most non-white majority areas on the face of this planet experience a lower quality of life, while most majority white areas experience a higher quality of life. Whites are builders, while most non-whites are not. East Asians are sustainers, as they are good at sustaining a civilization, but they aren't very innovative. They can improve on technology, but they haven't invented anything in the realm that has come out of European nations or nations of European descent. Black nations, or blacks in general, have not developed much in the way of technological innovations, relatively speaking. Most black nations are dirty, filled with disease, poverty, lack of innovation, and high crime. Furthermore, civilization more or less correlates with the general IQ of a nation or people.

Now, is there a logical basis for not wishing for white nations or white people to become a minority, or to flee diversity. Yes, yes there is.

As some say, the modern diversity speak is, Africa for the Africans, Asia for the Asians, White Countries for EVERYBODY.

Blacks commit more crime, as do Mestizos. Whites and Asians commit less crime.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,734,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Take a look at this:

Henry County Schools:

2000: school-aged population: roughly 80% white
2004- school-aged population: 61.0% white
2009: school-aged population: 41.9% white

Whites are being run out of practically the whole Atlanta area. It's pretty sad.
White people moving away from an area and white people being "run out" of an area are two totally different issues. How exactly are they being run out of Henry County...are they being denied civil rights, being persecuted by law enforcement, being discriminated against for employment, or being lynched due to their race? Come on now...if they are so scared of dark skin that they would actually move away, then good riddance to them. We call that "small-minded".

The percentages of white residents don't automatically mean that white people are moving away (being "run out"). The percentages would decline when larger numbers of other races move in - whether white residents leave or stay. That's the way percentages work...and Henry County has doubled in population since 2000.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 PM

32 posts, read 76,625 times
how about Rabun Gap and that area? That's Foxfire country. The Foxfire Fund, Inc.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,714,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
That statement is a bit hyperbolic, to say the least.
There are many neighborhoods, particularly on the southeast side of the city, where it could be argued that the opposite holds true.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
White people moving away from an area and white people being "run out" of an area are two totally different issues. How exactly are they being run out of Henry County...are they being denied civil rights, being persecuted by law enforcement, being discriminated against for employment, or being lynched due to their race? Come on now...if they are so scared of dark skin that they would actually move away, then good riddance to them. We call that "small-minded".

The percentages of white residents don't automatically mean that white people are moving away (being "run out"). The percentages would decline when larger numbers of other races move in - whether white residents leave or stay. That's the way percentages work...and Henry County has doubled in population since 2000.
I'm fully aware of how percentages work. My point is that whites are starting to move out of Henry, just as they are doing in Rockdale, Douglas, and Newton counties, as well as much of Gwinnett County.

Why do people such as yourself always attribute race as nothing more than "skin color"? Race is much more than skin color. It encompasses intelligence, skull shape, nose shape, hair texture, lip shape, differences within bone and muscle mass, differences in hormone levels, as well as multiple other phenotypic differences.

It's been repeated thousands of times. When blacks move in, and they do so rather rapidly when they realize that they can take advantage of whites moving out, for obvious legitimate reasons, whites will not stay.

Diversity is a sham. It's a utopian pipe-dream that doesn't work. Meanwhile, white America is dying, and the U.S. is descending in its place in the world, economically, educationally, and culturally.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That statement is a bit hyperbolic, to say the least.
There are many neighborhoods, particularly on the southeast side of the city, where it could be argued that the opposite holds true.
Oh please.

White pioneers moved into a few neighborhoods on the city of Atlanta's east and southeast sides, and that's supposed to be equal to ten or more counties that are experiencing rapid white decline?

Douglas, Clayton, Rockdale, Newton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Cobb Counties have seen large declines in their white population percentages and/or total numbers.

Fulton is seeing decline as well, as is practically every metro Atlanta county. Even Forsyth is now possibly under 90% white.

Look at the school populations:

Clayton County: 4.7% white
Fulton County: 32.9% white
Gwinnett County: 33.3% white
Cobb County: 43.6% white
Douglas County: 35.2% white
Henry County: 41.9% white
Rockdale County: 25.5% white
Newton County: 38.5% white
Dekalb County: 9.4% white

Do you not see a problem with this? This is nothing but white genocide out of much of metro Atlanta, in my opinion.

The only counties that have white majorities in their school-aged populations are the following, and they've dropped substantially as well.

Fayette County: 59.4%
Coweta County: 67.2%
Cherokee County: 76.5%
Bartow County: 79.8%
Paulding County: 68.5%

Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 PM

23,120 posts, read 36,714,927 times
^ I stand by my statement. To say that 'whites are being run out of metro Atlanta' is ridiculous. The rest of the drivel you have posted here is rather nauseating IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or