U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:26 PM

1,916 posts, read 4,205,517 times

Advertisements

LOL...WOW..

It's a free country and people can choose where they want to live, but this talk about "diversity" not being natural is crap. Many neighborhoods and cities have high percentages of 2 or more races and things go along just fine.

You have places like the Dominican Republic and Brazil where the majority of the population is mixed race. Did these people not get the memo about mixing being so wrong and unnatural?? Humans have mixed with and lived around other races since practically forever.

I think sane people care more about surrounding themselves around people with common interests, regardless of race.

City Fanatic, if what you're claiming is true, then darn near every city and neighborhood in this world would be 95+% ONE race.

If someone dislikes diversity, sure that's their right and they can choose to stay where they want to live, but how can people whine so much about others trying to tell them what to do and "forcing diversity" on them and those same people turn around and try to "force non-diversity" on people who prefer it? Hypocritical much???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM

Even if someone of a different race, religion, culture, etc. that enjoys different leisure activities, clothes, food, etc. lives right next door to you....I'm sure most people wouldnt mind as long as those people are friendly and whatever they are into does not disturb, bother or harm anything in your day to day life.

Let's say you have a neighbor that is a young adult black male that has rims on his car and you occasionally see him outside in the yard with a doo-rag on.....but this neighbor is not loud and obnoxious, doesnt keep suspicious characters around all times of night, always greets you with a smile and nice words..and simply goes about his business.

If despite those things you still have a problem with him simply having on a doo rag and having rims on his car and consider that as something you have to "tolerate"....lol then I would consider that a mental problem in your own head rather than diversity being a "problem"

Old 11-15-2009, 03:03 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,559,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Even if someone of a different race, religion, culture, etc. that enjoys different leisure activities, clothes, food, etc. lives right next door to you....I'm sure most people wouldnt mind as long as those people are friendly and whatever they are into does not disturb, bother or harm anything in your day to day life.

Let's say you have a neighbor that is a young adult black male that has rims on his car and you occasionally see him outside in the yard with a doo-rag on.....but this neighbor is not loud and obnoxious, doesnt keep suspicious characters around all times of night, always greets you with a smile and nice words..and simply goes about his business.

If despite those things you still have a problem with him simply having on a doo rag and having rims on his car and consider that as something you have to "tolerate"....lol then I would consider that a mental problem in your own head rather than diversity being a "problem"
I don't worry about the doo rag. When I was in the Army my buddy always wore a doo rag. I said, Dude (ok im getting old) why in the heck do you have panty hose on your head. He said, Man! you white boys don't understand. You have to keep the doo nice and tight and keep the waves going on. It's like when you white boys have to wash your hair every darn morning to keep from getting Crisco head

As for the rims? Hey, nice car and nice rims? No biggie. Now I have never figured out why you would have $5,000.00 rims on a $1,000.00 car. Almost like I don't undertand lifters, drive shaft re-inforcement and expensive all ground tires on beat up $1,000 bubba truck.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I don't worry about the doo rag. When I was in the Army my buddy always wore a doo rag. I said, Dude (ok im getting old) why in the heck do you have panty hose on your head. He said, Man! you white boys don't understand. You have to keep the doo nice and tight and keep the waves going on. It's like when you white boys have to wash your hair every darn morning to keep from getting Crisco head

As for the rims? Hey, nice car and nice rims? No biggie. Now I have never figured out why you would have $5,000.00 rims on a $1,000.00 car. Almost like I don't undertand lifters, drive shaft re-inforcement and expensive all ground tires on beat up $1,000 bubba truck.
lol...yeah for the waves......and I personally like nicer newer model cars with proportionate rims. I've never really understood that either.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM

32 posts, read 72,050 times
Okay this question is just sad in general, not to mention typical of a southern-white-baptist-male. Jesus Christ please help this man. Sexist, racist, sterio-typical..the list goes on and on. Why not just look for a town that is known for it's preducial old god-fearing creeps. Why does race/religion/sex matter here? SERIOUSLY. I am a georgian and I am none of those things,(I am caucasian but I don't consider myself to be any type of color) thank JESUS. Do me a favor, and don't move to Dahlonega, we have enough of you guys here.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,559,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooscoosmama View Post
Okay this question is just sad in general, not to mention typical of a southern-white-baptist-male. Jesus Christ please help this man. Sexist, racist, sterio-typical..the list goes on and on. Why not just look for a town that is known for it's preducial old god-fearing creeps. Why does race/religion/sex matter here? SERIOUSLY. I am a georgian and I am none of those things,(I am caucasian but I don't consider myself to be any type of color) thank JESUS. Do me a favor, and don't move to Dahlonega, we have enough of you guys here.
What are you talking about?
King and My discussion in regard to a dew rag?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,700,002 times
hey Georgia, hows the reputation figured in these forums?
sorry, i know this is off the subject, but i figured with you being a moderator you would know
as for being with your own kind i also prefer it even though others might not.
the guy with a dew rag and ridiculously large rims that cost more than the car, not for me, but, to each his own, more power to ya.

it iz what it iz...

Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,476 times
what are the best elem/middle/hi school/in and around cartersville,ga

Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 4,680,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedawgmatt View Post
This might sound a little backwards compared to most other posts on this forum, but I have lived in Kennesaw for 19 years and it is getting just too darn progressive and developed for me. I am a white conservative southern baptist male. My question is what is a good little town in Georgia to live in that is your stereotypical "white, conservative, bible belt" town? I know it would be nothing around Atlanta. The metro area is developing and progressing like CRAZY!
By "progressive," do you mean liberal or urbanized? If it's the former, I'm pretty sure that north Cobb still votes quite conservative. But suburban sprawl has indeed hit it full force.

Anything outside about a 75-mile radius from Atlanta, with the possible exception of Savannah, should fit your description quite well.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,125,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedawgmatt View Post
This might sound a little backwards compared to most other posts on this forum, but I have lived in Kennesaw for 19 years and it is getting just too darn progressive and developed for me. I am a white conservative southern baptist male. My question is what is a good little town in Georgia to live in that is your stereotypical "white, conservative, bible belt" town? I know it would be nothing around Atlanta. The metro area is developing and progressing like CRAZY!
I thought Kennesaw was...WTF...LOL

Well I can tell you Dawsonville and Dahlonega definately fit your description. Cumming does also, but it is changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or