U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM

244 posts, read 580,448 times

Advertisements

Is that Neo Nazi Klan member "City Fanatic" banned yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 982 times
Wow i have to say iam a white female trying to see were i should move my kids in ga i would like mostly white area, but by the sounds of it the people that are white are also very mean,i say mostly white because it sad to say but i know it to be true that my kids will be in good schools. I didnt know there was so much hate, i want my kids to know all walks of life, but dont want them to be in all black schools as ai am sure black people feel the same, but i dont want to move were there is so much hate. You make people looking in for the fisrt time realy look at whats going on. Can any one with out hate in there heart tell me which town has great schools and mosly white,

Old 10-24-2011, 09:43 PM

11,319 posts, read 23,125,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOPGIRL View Post
Wow i have to say iam a white female trying to see were i should move my kids in ga i would like mostly white area, but by the sounds of it the people that are white are also very mean,i say mostly white because it sad to say but i know it to be true that my kids will be in good schools. I didnt know there was so much hate, i want my kids to know all walks of life, but dont want them to be in all black schools as ai am sure black people feel the same, but i dont want to move were there is so much hate. You make people looking in for the fisrt time realy look at whats going on. Can any one with out hate in there heart tell me which town has great schools and mosly white,
There are a lot of good places in Georgia. What sort of area are you looking for?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,715,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOPGIRL View Post
Is the school also for you? I'd advise it.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 923 times
Default trailblazer

I lived in Cartersville GA for seven years [Bartow county] before retireing and moving to central [ripoff] Florida, It is a fairly mixed community and most everyone of all colors were nice and I transfered there from Oklahoma.
I am going to go spend some time there to make sure it remains close to the same and if so, this next spring we will be moving back.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 2,287,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
Is that Neo Nazi Klan member "City Fanatic" banned yet?
For not having a brainwashed liberal worldview that is different than is your own? Calling someone a "neo nazi Klan member" is tantamount to vicious slander and should be grounds for banning. He didn't call anyone any names, like yourself, but just stated his opinions. Or can only people that see the world through your lens speak their mind? Is that it? He essentially said that he prefers the culture of his own race. Most people do, black, white, or other, whether they admit it or not. Take this from someone who has been highly "exposed" his entire life (living next to North Philadelphia, one of the most violent ghettos in the country) and has a great deal of education. Not allowing someone that preference or their opinion is highly fascist. Outliers of races, who live amongst other races, are meaningless. Its what large populations prefer that matters, its how large populations behave that matters, and its the group culture and environmental cultural preferences that matters. Saying "Im a mixed race educated person who mixes fine" is meaningless, statistically. Once the culture begins to be changed by a tipping point of one racial demographic, you will see a "flight" of another race unless the encroaching race shares the exact same cultural values and behaviors. People have a right to live amongst the culture that they desire, race aside, which is the impetus behind racial flight. We live in the USA and work hard to be able to choose the cultural environment that we want to live in, in our private life. As someone who has dated other races extensively, I will tell you that if you think that black and white culture are similar, even when living in the same geographic area, you are deluding yourself. It couldn't be more different, and I'm sure that the same holds true for Mexican culture comparisons to other races, hence black flight from Mexican areas.

And before someone comes up with a stupid, "well, we should all mix to make one culture" Koombaya nonsense, first I will tell you that its never going to happen. Once more, people have the right to preserve their individual culture. Black, White, and Mexican. They prefer it, its their right to create it, live amongst it, and preserve it. Anyone who disagrees generally just can't admit to not being able to fix their own culture and wants to live amongst the culture of another group without working on their own. However, the end result is that they change the culture of the other group when enough of the other culture moves there in large numbers... If enough whites moved to Mexico, the same would happen. This phenomenon works in all directions.

Last edited by golgi1; 11-25-2011 at 08:55 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 PM

32,694 posts, read 30,189,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
As someone who has dated other races extensively, I will tell you that if you think that black and white culture are similar, even when living in the same geographic area, you are deluding yourself. It couldn't be more different

Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 PM

5,879 posts, read 2,287,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This is my very specific, well-informed, and well earned observation based on decades of dating experience, during which time I experienced the cultures and family lives of differing races very personally and for extended periods of time.

Most people don't share the same level of experience and they have not had the opportunity to be ingratiated well enough into other cultures to allow them a true and deep period of observation.

The cultures are different. Fundamentally different. There is zero question about it.

This can be observed on at the family level, all the way out to the neighborhood/town/city level, and further into the macro-culture and group values as a whole. In regard to group observations (that is, excluding outliers), the observation remains consistent that the groups are culturally different. At least in the United States, where my experience resides. I expect this to be the case everywhere, but I cannot speak to it outside of the USA.

What, specifically, are you slapping you head about?

I didn't say that one was better then the other. Just that they are different. No one should be upset about that if they are happy with the culture of their group at large. After all, I don't get upset if someone tells me that black culture is different then white culture. it wouldn't even occur to me to get upset. I'm happy with my culture and I assume that black people are happy with their culture, otherwise they would change it. So, what is the problem if one group is culturally different from the next, as long as both cultures are allowed to survive?

If they are not happy, their responsibility is to help change their group culture. They shouldn't be upset at another group for wanting to distance themselves from differing group cultures and, by extension, group values.

It should be alarming, to a group, that individuals raised in another culture seek refuge in the culture and neighborhoods of their group. Strong individuals work on themselves, their families, and by extension, their group culture. If this is sound, then no impetus exists to be upset about self segregation along cultural lines. If enough individuals perceive the other groups culture to be more desirable, and they then work on their own groups values to match those of the other group, then the reasons for self segregation cease. The cultures are then identical. However, I've never seen that happen and have no reason to believe that it will happen.

As I walk along my street that is slowly becoming more integrated, I pick out many things that will cause people of my culture to get up and move, soon. It may not even occur to the people who have moved in. However, it is culturally different enough so as to make it culturally uncomfortable for people of my culture. So, in the spirit of being able to live where they feel comfortable and where they agree with the cultural values, they have the right to move. Cultural preservation is everyone's right. Until you can tell me that African-American, Mexican, Russian, Jewish, British, and Italian cultural preservation is not their right, then you have to agree with me.

Furthermore, what is your experience that you can contradict my direct and extended experience? How deep and wide does it go?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:56 PM

682 posts, read 1,004,550 times
Union city says they are progressive but yetthey lost a worn down mall and are still lossing very great resturants and stores, such a shame...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or