U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 14,888 times

Advertisements

I want to move down to Georgia because its such a beautiful area and it will save me alot of money in the long run. I'm 25, and my gf and I are moving together soon and have started the job hunt, but are having some difficulty getting responses because we are not there yet. We both work steady jobs, and are willing to go down for interviews if necessary. Anybody go through this and can give us some idea on how to get our feet in the door?...appreciate the help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:35 PM

38 posts, read 130,258 times
Default A little insight....

I'm in the same boat right now, execept I'm leaving Ga. However, having lived here all my life I may be able to share some insight. I don't know what your education/work background is, but my best advice is FLOOD the place with resumes. What areas and lines of work are you considering? One thing to consider is that in areas like Atlanta, competition for work is pretty tough....but once you get into the small towns many (not all) play on politics for filling positions (who your friends/parents are). Just try to find somewhere progressive (and there are some progressive smaller towns!) I would probably suggest Savannah since the job market isn't as fierce as Atlanta, but it is just as progressive. Anyway...my best advice is to send as many resumes out as possible and state in there that you will be moving (if you're willing to do it on your own dime, tell them that too) and you are willing to come down for an interview.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 35,887 times
Silvermine:
Augusta just announced the location of Automatic Data Processing, 1000 new jobs, T-Mobile with 750 new jobs, and the new National Security Council HQ on Fort Gordon with another 1000 new jobs. Augusta and the surrounding area are nice. A few problems, like any other city, but all in all, it is nice. I like it here. Two hours to Atlanta, two hours to Charlotte. The Class A baseball team here is owned by Cal Ripken Jr. New condos being built on the riverfront downtown, and an old department store being renovated for loft apartments, etc. Check ADP's website and T-Mobile's website about info concerning jobs. Many are customer service, but there are some management jobs as well. Good benefits. Also, check Medical College of Georgia and the other hospitals. There are 12 here.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 10,535 times
Does anyone know how much ADP or T mobile start off with?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:32 AM

Location: West Augusta, GA, ATL, MIAMI, TAMPA, LA, HOUSTON, D.C.
88 posts, read 97,357 times
yeah augusta would be a great area to check. We have added alot of jobs recently. You will see augusta is ga second city no doubt about it when you see all the construction going on. From the suburbs in aiken, evans, martinez, grovetown, north augusta, to the city near west augusta, or downtown. Even rural south augusta might add a race tradk in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or