Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 PM

101 posts, read 166,788 times

Advertisements

these tree cities seem perfect for an NBA team. It may take alot of time to develop one but the colosiums are already there.
Macon Colosium
Augusta James Brown Arena
Columbus Civic Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
One word. Population. There is a SERIOUS lack of population in every one of those cities. You should go look at what a city needs for a professional major league sports team before you post your wishes and complaints on city-data.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM

101 posts, read 166,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
One word. Population. There is a SERIOUS lack of population in every one of those cities. You should go look at what a city needs for a professional major league sports team before you post your wishes and complaints on city-data.
I know but I believe their population will increase. and yeah learned that all from sim city. I'm not really that old though. its odd for someone my age to like this site.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Georgia Man View Post
I know but I believe their population will increase. and yeah learned that all from sim city. I'm not really that old though. its odd for someone my age to like this site.
I figured as much. Unfortunately, reality doesn't always work out like SimCity.

To give an example, it's hard enough to get a pro major league sports team to come to even Birmingham. They still don't have one. Their population is 1.2 million. Places like Augusta, which has the highest population of Columbus and Macon, barely have 600K in their whole metro, half the population of Birmingham. It's also not just about population, but other factors.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I figured as much. Unfortunately, reality doesn't always work out like SimCity.

To give an example, it's hard enough to get a pro major league sports team to come to even Birmingham. They still don't have one. Their population is 1.2 million. Places like Augusta, which has the highest population of Columbus and Macon, barely have 600K in their whole metro, half the population of Birmingham. It's also not just about population, but other factors.
VERY true!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times
Maybe WNBA. You cant say women basketball needs huge crowds. I think Augusta would appreciate a pro team, so would Columbus. Atlanta has a population over 3 million and cant support a hockey team. Augusta is more a sports town than Atlanta.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Maybe WNBA. You cant say women basketball needs huge crowds. I think Augusta would appreciate a pro team, so would Columbus. Atlanta has a population over 3 million and cant support a hockey team. Augusta is more a sports town than Atlanta.
Atlanta region is over 5 million+ and can't even support a hockey team. No way places like Columbus, Macon, or Augusta could support an NBA team. Columbus does have a women's semi-pro team.

Lady Wings Home Page

Old 06-16-2011, 07:42 AM

Atlanta is not a sports town let be honest here. Everyone in the sport world know that Atlanta teams outside of the Falcons get minimum support. Augusta host the largest golf event in the world every year. Augusta has a host of other international sporting events. WNBA not NBA of Augusta. Hell Greenbay have the Packers.

This year’s average attendance of 8,039 fans per game was an increase (1%) over last season’s 7,952. The WNBA regular season on ESPN2 concluded with an average of 269,000 viewers, up 8% versus last season (248,000 viewers).

Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Does the WNBA set up new franchises in cities that lack an NBA team? They seem to be paired up in the cities they are located in.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 PM

I'm pretty sure any pro team could set up spin off franchises, especially if their games are broadcast internationally. There is no NBA team in Tulsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia