U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 15,019 times

Advertisements

I am on my husbands account. We are a Caucasian married couple looking for a nice, quiet place to live in Georgia. Preferably near the Atlantic Ocean. ( it doesn't have to be right on the ocean) but close to it as we love to saltwater fish. We would like to have at least close to 1 acre of land and possibly a 3 bedroom home that is within reason (under $100,000). My husband will be seeking employment as well as I am (part-time for me as I am disabled). We would like an area that has a close to zero crime rate. We are quiet people, we don't party, or do drugs. We generally keep to ourselves. We have been looking in Georgia, Louisiana and Tennessee.

Thank you for your time,

Sherry & Stevie
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 PM

5 posts, read 18,564 times
Default Places in GA I know of.

Hmmm..maybe try Brunswick, GA or somewhere near Pooler. I've never lived in these areas however so I can't offer much info on that. I have lived in a quiet town called Dublin, GA before and it's only about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs from Savannah, GA. It's also a very boring town, but you may not mind that. Savannah is not boring, but not quiet either and crime isn't so great there. I currently live in a town called Bonaire, which is less than 3 hrs from Savannah. I love it here because it is a very safe, quiet place to live, but there are still plenty of places to shop and eat (mainly in Warner Robins, which is connected to Bonaire). I currently live in a subdivision, but outside I hear nothing but silence and crickets right now at 8:55pm. My back door is open, but I'm still prepared to shoot if someone decides to walk in and start funny business . Bonaire is a little expensive though. My house was not too bad at $125k, but my property taxes are about $1200/yr. You may want to check out Byron on the other side of Warner Robins and next to I-75. I wouldn't mind living there if my husband's work wasn't closer to this side. Houses seem cheaper there. My husband and I are introverts too, but I get bored easily in really small towns so we moved here from Dublin. Are you looking for rural property or subdivision/ town property? My mother has a house for sale near Dublin, GA on 7 acres for $89k in a rural area. Her property taxes are extremely low.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 7,899 times
I don't suggest Brunswick due to high crime. Waycross (an hour from Brunswick/coast) is where I live. It's very dead with little growth, a retirement community.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
Crawford county has one city with about 4,500 people, and you can live near the eastern part close enough to Warner Robins for shopping, work, etc. You can buy an acre and a medium home for about 85K like we did with over 2 acres and next to farms and a church. Better to stay inland some to avoid hurricanes.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:18 PM

5,962 posts, read 4,164,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyashlover21 View Post
I am on my husbands account. We are a Caucasian married couple looking for a nice, quiet place to live in Georgia. Preferably near the Atlantic Ocean. ( it doesn't have to be right on the ocean) but close to it as we love to saltwater fish. We would like to have at least close to 1 acre of land and possibly a 3 bedroom home that is within reason (under $100,000). My husband will be seeking employment as well as I am (part-time for me as I am disabled). We would like an area that has a close to zero crime rate. We are quiet people, we don't party, or do drugs. We generally keep to ourselves. We have been looking in Georgia, Louisiana and Tennessee.

Thank you for your time,

Sherry & Stevie
Check out Jesup. About an hour to the coast, very close to the Altamaha River, which you can also go to the coast on. Very nice small town. I expect you can find exactly what you want there.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:45 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,836,396 times
One of my favorite towns in coastal GA is Darien. About 5,000 population, quaint river town about 45 minutes from the Savannah area.

City of Darien Georgia Official Wedsite

Old 12-04-2016, 12:25 PM

1,298 posts, read 803,616 times
I'm suspect the OP made her choice as the original post is 5 years old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or