Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,094 times

Advertisements

We live in Tampa. We're in our late 40's, early 50's. My parents are getting older and would like for us all to live together somewhere in north Georgia. We're looking to move in a year or so. We have a 10-year old daughter and I am very interested in a good school system for her, and a job for my husband. I have heard that the Cherokee, Pickens, and Chickamauga schools systems are good, and my research tends to agree. As far as work goes, my husband and I are both currently self-employed. He's a very talented handyman and I am a graphic designer. I doubt he can continue in his line of work as it's so dependent on word of mouth, so he'd like something that would take advantage of his excellent repair/carpentry skills. I can still run my business from home as long as there is high-speed internet access.
My husband would like to live on or near someplace to fish. I want to be close enough to some civilization to run safely and go out once in a while, and there is the schools issue. My parents would live with us if we could find a house with a mother-in-law suite or second small house or room to build such.
I estimate we'd want to spend between $300,000 and $450,00 for this.
We'll visit these areas sometime, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me if we can find what we're looking for as far as housing, if the schools are good, and if not, what might be good in N GA., and how the job market is for what we're trained in? Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM

16 posts, read 70,010 times
Default Cherokee Home

I think you would want to go to Cherokee County. You would be close to Lake Allatoona. This community is growing so fast in this area. The area would be good because of what your husband is doing, lots of construction going on, and the schools are good. I think you would like to stay in the metro area as much as possible for your shopping and commute needs. I think you will like it very much. Let me know if I can help...Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia