Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 03:29 PM

21 posts, read 41,784 times

Advertisements

I posted this once an I guess it did not go through,I made a move to the west I have no family,no friends an my son's can not find jobs do to the 2% don't have that Lena Horn look any whoo my dad's family lives in Ky. an my mom's in Ga. not close to the family in Ky. an not wanting to move to Ga. know nothing about the area just know I would have to be close to VA,hospital,grocery etc.need to be where there is not alot of crime don't want my son's to be another targetI want something for my son's an a place where people speak to each other if you say hi not like that here,I was looking at the end of Ga. into FL. but everyone said not Jacksonville so I am lostmy sister who I know nothing about lives in Cobb is that a good area? my mom said I need to be close to family I am to far away even though I am in a place where there is no crime. would love to hear of some good area's if there is any left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
Err... GA is near the bottom of the list in terms of state unemployment, and over the last 2 years have have a quite large loss in jobs. My wife just moved us here and all I can say is that it's a good thing she's in a high-demand occupation AND we can live on just her income because I haven't been able to find anything.

As you said, you've no reason to move to KY and no desire to move to GA so why consider Either? You want a place with employment, friendly neighbors (are those any left Anywhere in the US?), low crime and a VA hospital. I know for a fact that Sheridan, Wyoming is a very close fit for those criteria. Heck, WY is as close to the top of the list (lowest unemployment) as GA is to the bottom (highest unemployment). Happens to be an absolutely beautiful area too... but I'm biased since I'm a WY native.

I just don't see the point to moving somewhere that fails your stated requirements. Perhaps you're asking because you have Other reasons for looking at GA...

Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM

21 posts, read 41,784 times
just to be near family,you are in Ga. what part? that was a long move from WY.just that I have no family,or friends out here an well my some of the family keep telling me I am to far away if something was to happen no one could get to me uhhh I have always been a loner an outsider's have been more family than my own,just not alot of jobs an not alot to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia