Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2006, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,746 times

Advertisements

Because of hubby's work, our family may have to move to GA and buy a home in L'ville (in Gwinnett Cty.) since his work is there and I will look for an employer in that area, as well. We have visited GA, looked at plenty of homes and had a nice time.

The concern is the schools and how they are set up. I understand that depending on "the cluster" you live in determines your school and am very concerned about the population of schools (several middle school we came across have 2100+ students!), trailers, and quality of education, and arts programs for my middle schooler. Any thoughts on Central Gwinnett? Gwinnett Cty in general? Home appreciation? Neighborhoods!

Your anticipated response is sincerely appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2006, 04:26 AM

183 posts, read 1,006,900 times
We lived in Lawrenceville for 7 years, my son graduated Berkmar high in 97, the graduating class then had over 800! The school has since been enlarged. My youngest son attended Bethesda elem. and Sweet Water middle...the middle school made us nervous enough to sell our house and move. The further north in Gwinnett you go, the better the schools are. Buford, maybe?We moved east of Gwinnett...to Walton county. It's the next county to Gwinnett...It's a short drive to anywhere. My husband works downtown Atlanta, 40 min. and Lawrenceville is 20 min. away. We targeted Walton for the school system. It's beginning to grow here, but not at the pace Gwinnett has. Gwinnett got too big, too fast. They can't build the schools fast enough!As soon as one is done, it's full and they add trailers! I hope this helps...and good luck with your move!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,658 times
Default North Gwinnett Is The Best

Our two sons graduated from North Gwinnett and attended Lanier Middle School which I believe is now relocated into a brand new facility. I would suggest that you look at these schools, which are more like a small town in Culture, yet your children can get whatever level of education they aspire too. None of the schools in the overall area of Atlanta are going to be much below a 1000 at the middle and high school level.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,504 times
I would also suggest looking at Suwanee, in the North Gwinnett district - look carefully as the cluster boundaries have just been decided, and the North Gwinnett cluster will be cut in half, with the southern half of the cluster staying in N. Gwinnett. Look at the Gwinnett County schools site for the new boundaries. IMHO, I would stay out of the Central Gwinnett cluster. Peachtree Ridge, Mill Creek, and Dacula are also supposed to be good, but very overcrowded in some areas.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM

11 posts, read 74,195 times
I feel for ya. Gwinnett is so overcrowded right now. I think its the biggest Hoax. It's not the best that Atlanta has to offer. Companies move there because they've heard other ones have moved there. I don't believe they do more than the demographics. I had lunch with an Attorney there last week and it took me almost 2 hours to get back to Atlanta. That concerns me. There are so many places on the southside of Atlanta that are not as populated that could benefit from the added employment. Everyone knows that gainful employment lowers the rate of crime. Land is less expensive, taxes are less expensive and traffic is definitely less. It's even more scenic in my opinion. Whenever I go to or through Gwinnett, I notice that there are fewer trees. Everything is concrete. Even passing through subdivisions, there are hardly any trees. Trees provide oxygen and are good for the environment.

I recently closed a deal in Gwinnett and was invited to the brand new home of one of the partners. They supposedly paid 350K for their home last year and I have seen homes identical to it for half the price on the southside. Plus it had no trees. As soon as you stepped out onto the deck, the sun just burned you. In my opinion, that can't be healthy. Developers have floorplans. It's not rocket science. I see the same floorplans all over the place. If the homeowner doesn't design it themselves or pay someone to, it's not original.

Last edited by Wren17; 12-12-2007 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Adding a sentence

Old 12-15-2007, 03:58 PM

383 posts, read 722,297 times
Gwinnett county schools are so overcrowded because look how many people move there. Dekalb, and fulton, and have lost residents to gwinnett
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia