Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:33 AM

31 posts, read 113,405 times

Advertisements

Hi

Yes we just bought a house (resale) in Grayson in Wheatfields on 20. Some of these posts can really scare you. We have been to Grayson/lawrenceville several times over the past 10 yrs and liked what we saw, a growing town. We figured an established community would be better and we chose this one because we saw lots of children and were told they do lots of things as a community. (We do have family in the area.) We are familiar with the traffic there. We did choose between this and loganville, we felt this was more centrally located for us. ( i think) and the schools.

We did visit the development we put money on to build a house three years ago, and are very happy we didn't go forward, they are still building in that development and we would not have liked how big it has become. It looks like a town all by its self. lol.

We know it is not the fast paced life we are use to and it is not all about convenience, but we felt it would be a good place to raise our boys. Nice house big back yard low taxes all the things we couldn't afford in NY on two good salaries. Hoping to make lots of new friends and make it work.

Any one familiar with this development? We have a 3yr old and a 4 month old who will need to go to day care I was looking at Kids r Kids. Anyone know of this center on 20? Also I will be commutting to Decatur via 78 is this a bad commute? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks

Last edited by goodbyenyc; 03-12-2007 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 AM

75 posts, read 324,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyenyc View Post
Hi

Yes we just bought a house (resale) in Grayson in Wheatfields on 20. Some of these posts can really scare you. We have been to Grayson/lawrenceville several times over the past 10 yrs and liked what we saw, a growing town. We figured an established community would be better and we chose this one because we saw lots of children and were told they do lots of things as a community. (We do have family in the area.) We are familiar with the traffic there. We did choose between this and loganville, we felt this was more centrally located for us. ( i think) and the schools.

We did visit the development we put money on to build a house three years ago, and are very happy we didn't go forward, they are still building in that development and we would not have liked how big it has become. It looks like a town all by its self. lol.

We know it is not the fast paced life we are use to and it is not all about convenience, but we felt it would be a good place to raise our boys. Nice house big back yard low taxes all the things we couldn't afford in NY on two good salaries. Hoping to make lots of new friends and make it work.

Any one familiar with this development? We have a 3yr old and a 4 month old who will need to go to day care I was looking at Kids r Kids. Anyone know of this center on 20? Also I will be commutting to Decatur via 78 is this a bad commute? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks
Welcome neighbor, I think you will enjoy the area. I can't tell you about daycare, but I think you might want to look alternate routes for your commute to Decatur, of course all of this depends on the time you make your commute.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 AM

31 posts, read 113,405 times
Default Grayson

Thank you Avalugg

Do you live in Grayson? Is 78 that bad, I was under the impression it was better than 85 or 285? Thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Wheatfields is a nice area, the only issue is trying to turn on Rt 20.
That can be a 10 minute attempt.

There are a few alternates to Decatur, Old Norcross, Web Gin, etc.
Go to Costco and get the big ADC streetmap, it will be a lifesaver.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 PM

39 posts, read 99,425 times
Stay Away From Kids R Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM

75 posts, read 324,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyenyc View Post
Thank you Avalugg

Do you live in Grayson? Is 78 that bad, I was under the impression it was better than 85 or 285? Thanks
I am in Snellville. In my opinion 78 is better than 85 and 285, but it can get a little backed up during rush hour. If there is an accident it comes to a screeching halt.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 AM

17 posts, read 167,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb22 View Post
Stay Away From Kids R Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is that? Are you targeting one specific Kids R Kids location or all of them in general? Just curious.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM

39 posts, read 99,425 times
KIDS ARE KIDS on 20 - IT'S A HORRIBLE PLACE!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:56 PM

18 posts, read 183,316 times
Grayson Day Care at Rosebud Rd. & Hwy. 84/Grayson Parkway was rated best in Gwinnett Co. Can't speak from experience though. Rec programs in the Grayson area are tremendous!! Great parks at Tribble Mill, Bay Creek and downtown Grayson. Problems? Traffic. Can't tell you any easy ways to commute as I don't have that experience myself. Hopefully, improvement will come with the completion of the widening of I 20.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:59 PM

18 posts, read 183,316 times
Previously forgot to extend a warm welcome! I'm born and bred in GA. Lived in Grayson for 20 years. My children graduated from Gwinnett Co. schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia