U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2006, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,097 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the Atlanta area and I have researched online to the point that I can't even remember ever website I have checked. I am scheduled to go down their in a few weeks and I want to make the transition as smooth as possible. I will be working in Duluth, is that too far from Stone Mountain for a daily commute. Currently I drive roughly 20 minutes and 20 miles to work ( I am a speed demon). Should I consider Stone Mountain, I saw the statistics on the place and the apaartment complex "Village of Stone Mountain" seemed very cheap for the square footage, is it really too good to be true? I don't want to pay that much in rent because my plan is to buy within a year if this all works out well. I do however want someplace 1. SAFE 2. CLEAN-no bugs, creepy crawlys, or rodents of any size! 3. Close to work. I currently live in Detroit, which despite all the negative press still has some very nice neighborhoods- but lets be real you have to have street sense to survive in this city. Ideally I would like a safer place than Detroit-(LOL, I know that anywhere probably would be) but it is really important to me that I can be comfortable coming home at night by myself since I don't know anyone in the town. Please let me know, any and all suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanx
ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2006, 06:30 PM

985 posts, read 5,380,214 times
Just see rating from certain apartment rating web site which I cannot list here. Avoid it. Be ready to pay $750 to $800 for one bedroom and $1000 for two bedrooms. Otherwise, you will regret.

Search for my older posts for a list of apartments in Duluth.

Good apartment and cheap apartment in Atlanta is between being safe and being robbed. I am not kidding since I mistakenly rent for six months in certain part of Norcross.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:31 PM

12 posts, read 38,813 times
Dreamstate,Get a place in Duluth,I don't know about the distance but it would be a better choice I believe,and you can get comfortable with the area,before buying your home.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:16 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,934,930 times
Pick Duluth, Suwannee, or in-between areas of Gwinnett County. Stone Mountain is one of the areas experiencing an increase in crime lately in the metro area. Certain areas of Decatur are ok, too.

You can go to: removed and see a list of cities in the metro Atlanta area. Pick one and you can find comments actual people who live in the communities have to say about the apartments, management, etc.

Oh, and I found the Village at Stone Mountain. Very low rating. One comment starts out with, "bugs, thugs, and rude staff"... Link: removed

Last edited by Marka; 09-09-2006 at 07:49 AM..

Old 09-09-2006, 04:36 AM

183 posts, read 938,279 times
My son rented at The Gables on Sugarloaf. He liked it there, he was there 2 years. It is gated.Stay off of Boggs Rd as far as apartments. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2006, 12:38 PM

232 posts, read 1,627,127 times
I was a police officer in Dekalb County for several years and worked that area. My advice, if you are looking for safety, stay away from Stone Mountain. Unbelievable amount of robberies, car thefts, drug dealers, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or