U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 12,004 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the great advise. I will be careful. I'll watch for the knives in the back, living in Los Angeles all my life, I've learned to be pretty quick, dodging knives, bullets or whatever else comes at me. People can be really ugly and phony here in Los Angeles, so I've become pretty good at reading people.

I look forward to my move to Adairsville. I know I dont want to live in Atlanta, I want out of the city.

Thanks again for the responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,945 times
hey pirate if you do not live here then dount coment on somthing just becouse a frind made a statement about a general region. this is a very nice place to live i love it here and say all good people are welcome. and by good people i mean any one that is not out to start trouble. which it sounds to me like that is what you are doing. but i may be mistaken. i hope you find a nice place here lost and i welcome you

Old 10-11-2007, 05:25 PM

8 posts, read 97,644 times
anywhere in Bartow County is good. Adairsville just moved into a new high school a yr or two ago and the area is finally ready to grow. One thing for certain, coming from LA the difference in the cost of living will be tremendous. Good luck with your move...

Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,694 times
there is little to none in adairsville i lived there almost 8 years and just now move to a town next to it called Armuchee. Armuchee is more on that kind of stuff then Adairsville

Old 02-08-2008, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,320 times
The racism there in the Adairsville, Cartersville area in really no worse than any where else here in this counrty for the most part. You will have a few bigots here and there as you will any where. Just understand that some people are ignorant and think backward. I am sorry that your children will probably come in contact with some racism here in GA but understand that maybe a touch of them seeing how self centered and wrong a person may be by being racist will be good for them for then they will see what it actually is and know that that is exactly how they do not ever want to be. I have experienced it and I am Italian and puerto rican. I think it is an ugly thing and when I saw it for the first time I actually think it helped me grown into who I am now. I welcome all into my life regardless of color of skin. OK I am getting off my soap box now!!!! If you do move to Adairsville I hoep you will visit Barnesley Gardens, it truly is amazing to walk back in time and visit a part of history

Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,574 times
I have lived in Adairsville my whole life (26 years). I love it here. My 3 girls love it here as well. It is growing very fast.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 AM

6 posts, read 19,648 times
I'm a black male, married with 5 kids ranging from ages 1 years old to 11 years old. We just moved here from NC and I love it!

Wish I'd been here sooner.. the people are wonderful and friendly. My kids go to school and have absolutely no worries in the world, compared to some of the other schools they attended, this is a cake walk.

The kids are respectful of each other (understanding that kids will always be kids), and the staff is great!

The neighborhood I live in the people seem to be a little stand-offish, but I get the feeling people just like to keep to themselves. But when I venture outside the neighborhood, everyone is friendly. The clerks at the store act like they really want your business and are appreciative that you came.

While there isn't a lot to do, keeping in mind it is a small town, there is plenty to do if you don't mind the drive. Calhoun is the next exit up and you have plenty of shopping there, too include a slew of outlet stores (Gap, Nike, Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne, Black and Decker and much, much more...).

I was attracted to this area because it was a small town... In fact, I'm looking at buying some acreage and moving further into the 'sticks'.

I've gotten quite use to this country living and might even get ourselves a few horses and set up a ranch.

Adairsville gets my highest approval mark!

Carl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia