Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
tah tah started this thread

2 posts, read 7,106 times

Advertisements

I am looking for any information on the Cartersville Area. I have four children and am looking for a place where we can plant some roots. All information- good and bad is helpful. I would like a place that is safe, where there are friendly people, opportunities.
How are the schools? What is the crime like? Again, any information is helpful. Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 04:51 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,820 times
Cartersville is home to about 16,000 residents. It's a great smallish town. I lived there for 5 years and know the area very well, I've since moved a little closer to Atlanta for the fiance's commute -- and believe me, I wish I was still in Cartersville!

People always ask about if people are friendly. Well, it depends on if YOU are friendly! If you want to be nice and wave to the neighbors, or take a walk down the street and stop to chat, I'm sure you'll find that people are receptive to that. Overall, I'd say the folks in Cartersville are as friendly as anybody. For example, take the courthouse/tag office. The service there has always been very friendly and courteous, unlike many government offices.

Schools are pretty good. The west side has Woodland High, which is a very good school academically, as well as being a fairly new school (less than 10 years old). There is also Cartersville High School in town, which excels in football -- they had the national champion a couple of years ago.

The downtown area is bustling and lovely. There are also some beautiful older neighborhoods, but there are also some seedy areas. There are numerous trailer parks, some nice and some pretty run down. But there are also horses and cattle out on the back roads. Traffic is not horrible, and it's an easy drive to I-75 -- if you're commuting to Atlanta, you'll have to be patient.

As far as crime, well there's not much, but it does exist. I delivered pizza there part-time for a couple of years, so in addition to knowing the neighborhoods very well, I was also out and about late at night and never felt afraid -- and I'm a single woman. You can look at the website for the newspaper which is called the Daily Tribune (Daily-Tribune for the website), and you can find local news, classifieds and the Blotter for arrests.

That's a start. If you want more details to specific questions, ask away! I know we have a couple of other Cartersville folks on this board.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
tah tah started this thread

2 posts, read 7,106 times
Sharon R-
Thank you for the reply. It helps me very much. The crime rates are pretty high so that is my main concern. What areas do you suggest staying away from?
Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 AM

321 posts, read 1,556,820 times
I don't know how the crime rates are so high in Cartersville, it is really a very nice, calm place. I'd say that most of the crime is domestic. There are a few of the extended stay hotels, definitely stay away from those. I would also not want to live in an apartment or trailer park. For all of the bad areas, there are many more nice areas. In town, head over toward Dellinger Park, which is very nice with older neighborhoods. The more rural areas can vary a lot. Mission Road is very nice with newer developments. Euharlee Road has a lot of nice subdivisions, but it gets very congested in the mornings.

Whenever I see crimes in the paper, when they give an address, I am not surprised. I was just reading in the paper today about a couple of drunk rednecks that got into a wreck because the woman wouldn't kiss the man -- that kind of stuff!

Give us a better idea of what you're looking for. How many kids, age range, do you want to buy or rent, etc. Something upscale and new, or maybe a fixer? What kind of work will you be doing and where?

Old 01-19-2007, 07:49 PM

291 posts, read 1,361,001 times
WE are considering a move here, but the drug problem with Meth is really making me reconsider it too, so sad no one does anything here to solve it!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM

31 posts, read 92,739 times
do not always go by what you read on the internet. I live in Euharlee and love it. I live in a neiborhood that is police patrolled day and night. Close to good schools. Woodland highschool offers great programs for the kids. I have not seen any drug problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia