U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,663 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are looking to move soon and I wanted some opinions about which of these areas would be better to live in. Schools are very important to us, nice people and the driving time to the airport (where my husband works). He would be driving at 6am and 3pm. Any input would be appreciated! We currently live in McDonough, and want to move due to declining schools and everything being so spread out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 AM

9,124 posts, read 33,314,938 times
If he's commuting back and forth to the airport, Newnan would make the most sense. Some parts of Dallas may work if they're close enough to the interstate, but Acworth and Cumming would be +/- 50-mile, hour-plus commutes.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM

744 posts, read 2,184,107 times
Why not add Fayetteville, Tyrone and Peachtree City to the list ? Fayette Counrty is one of the top rated school systems in the state and the commute is one of the best to the airport.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks!! We have looked at Fayetteville (Peeples Elementary) and I love Peachtree City. However, most of the houses are out of our price range. We are a younger couple and I guess we need a "starter home". There seems to be several nice houses in Dallas for reasonable prices. We are just worried about the longer commute.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM

91 posts, read 265,296 times
I live in Dallas and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour straight down Highway 278 to the airport. I'm sure you could find a starter home reasonably priced in Fayetteville though. I grew up in Fayetteville and I would choose Fayette Couny over Paulding County (dallas) anyday. You are 25-30 minutes from an interstate in Dallas.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagadawgs View Post
I live in Dallas and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour straight down Highway 278 to the airport. I'm sure you could find a starter home reasonably priced in Fayetteville though. I grew up in Fayetteville and I would choose Fayette Couny over Paulding County (dallas) anyday. You are 25-30 minutes from an interstate in Dallas.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Would you just choose Fayette because of the interstate? Do you know anything about the schools in Dallas? I researched them and they seem pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia