Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 6,563 times

Advertisements

I wanna move to Georgia from NYC. I want to be somewhere southern I want a country vibe, a party town/city but also somewhere safe. I don't wanna be in some getto of georiga and not know. What are some fun safe city's that have bars and college students And places to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,375,927 times
If you're looking for bars and college students I think it's safe to say that Athens has ya covered.

As for places to work......
You may have to keep lookin'.
GA has pretty high unemployment and the smaller college towns don't have the kind of opportunities found in boring cities.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 PM

725 posts, read 1,279,313 times
Athens does sound perfect for you. They are getting a cattapillar plant that is supposed to bring 1,000 jobs but I dont know when that is supposed to be done. Athens does have the bennifet of having easy access to Atlanta.

I would suggest you take a trip to Athens to get a feel for the area and to look for jobs before you make a move.

I would also suggest you check out Atlanta while you are here. You won't get that country vibe in Atlanta but there are many great neighborhoods that have a relaxed southern atmosphere with easy proximity to bars. You also get more job options in Atlanta.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Super helpful responses so far. Thanks guys.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:57 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
There are TONS of ex-NYers in Savannah which is well known as one of the biggest PARTY towns in the whole country! Lots of college-age kids here (look up SCAD on the internet) and plentiful tourism-related service jobs! Plus, Savannah is a fairly easy drive south of NYC on I-95 and has multiple nonstop flights to LAG and Newark daily.

The old saying about Savannah is, it's a town where people WANT to live -- then after they get here, they do whatever they can to earn a living and make it reality.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 AM

Are there places I should be avoiding near Athens or savannah? Unsafe areas I don't want to go to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia