U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM

5 posts, read 30,460 times

Advertisements

Interested in both of these communities -- wondering what the locals might say is the better of the two when it comes to family feel? I have children in elementary and high school -- want that home feeling in the neighborhood, and the schools to be of high quality as well. What do you think, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 PM

722 posts, read 3,042,259 times
Avery Park and Summergrove are both great neighborhoods; living in Newnan I am very familiar with both of them. I hate to choose, but I'd say Summergrove is a slightly better community. I think It's more easthetically pleasing and is closer to retail (although Avery Park is closer to Historic Newnan) Summergrove is in the East Coweta High school district and Avery park is the the Newnan High School district. Both are pretty much equally good schools. This is just my opinion; I would check both communties out for yourself

Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 PM

201 posts, read 993,850 times
I would check to see which school is zoned for the house you are interested in Summergrove (I believe there are two or three elem. schools that feed into Summergrove, one being Newnan Crossing Elem.). We are temporarily housed in Newnan outside of Summergrove while we are building a new home in Sharpsburg. The school board here is highly INFLEXIBLE and refused to allow my child to go to the school in Sharpsburg zoned for our new house - despite letters from attorneys, builder and a notorized copy of our contract, etc. This resulted in my child having to attend Newnan Crossing in the interim. We have been disgusted with Newnan Crossing Elementary - for a variety of reasons from academics to school communcation to cleanliness to lazy, unprofessional teachers.

I highly suggest staying out of that district and ensuring that if you pick a home in Summergrove, it is not zoned for Newnan Crossing Elem.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 AM

5 posts, read 30,460 times
thanks for the tips -- I believe that the Summergrove home I like would send my kids to Welch, a new school --- need to go inside for a tour, which I intend to do! HS is East Coweta.....tour that as well. Sharpsburg, huh? I gf just told me last night to look into that area because of the schools! I appreciate your insight, and pom martini, do I know you?? (lol, those are my favorite)

Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 AM

65 posts, read 198,079 times
I owned a home in Summergrove and it is a great community. There is a lot of traffic in the area, but after they widen 54 it should help. There is a lot of shopping in the area also, with good restaurants. Sprayberry's is one of my favorite spots. I think you will love Summergrove, the community is wonderfull and has so many amenities.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymom1 View Post
thanks for the tips -- I believe that the Summergrove home I like would send my kids to Welch, a new school --- need to go inside for a tour, which I intend to do! HS is East Coweta.....tour that as well. Sharpsburg, huh? I gf just told me last night to look into that area because of the schools! I appreciate your insight, and pom martini, do I know you?? (lol, those are my favorite)
Yes, Sharpsburg schools are well regarded. My child will begin going to Cannongate as soon as we move into our new home. Can't wait!

Summergrove is definitely a nice community!

I love pomegranate martini's too!

Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWagner View Post
I owned a home in Summergrove and it is a great community. There is a lot of traffic in the area, but after they widen 54 it should help. There is a lot of shopping in the area also, with good restaurants. Sprayberry's is one of my favorite spots. I think you will love Summergrove, the community is wonderfull and has so many amenities.
Thanks for the info in Sprayberry's! We were wondering how it is.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,893 times
Avery Park and Summergrove are great for different reasons. Summergrove is a HUGE neighborhood! It is social for both, children and parents. Schools are also great! Avery Park also has great schools, is inside the city of Newnan, so very close to downtown and the square. The neighborhood is much smaller and even though it is also social it seems more quiet than Summergrove to me. If I had to choose, I would choose Avery Park. Simply because I enjoy being close to downtown Newnan, in a quiet community and I prefer smaller neighborhoods over larger ones.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM

30,220 posts, read 28,144,791 times
I love the golf course at Summergrove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or