Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM

6 posts, read 19,100 times

Advertisements

I WAS WONDERING WHAT PART OF GA WOULD BE BEST FOR ME?
I AM TRYING TO RELOCATE FROM BKLYN, NEW YORK,SO I'M USED TO THE FAST LIFE,LOTS OF TRAFFIC,AND CONCRETE,AND NOISE!...NOT SAYING THATS WHAT I WANT TO LIVE AROUND,BUT JUST LETTING U GUYS KNOW WHAT I'M FAMILIAR WITH..I'M A YOUNG MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN..TWO BOYS THATS 6 AND 3YRS OLD,AND A LITTLE GIRL THATS 1YR..I DONT HAVE ANY FAMILY OUT IN GA JUST A FEW FAMILY FRIENDS THAT LIVES IN LITHONIA......JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK WOULD BE SUITABLE 4 A YOUNG MOTHER OF 3...MY S.O WONT BE MOVING WITH ME JUST YET BECAUSE OF HIS JOB,BUT I'M READY TO GET OUT OF NEW YORK. I'VE HEARD PEOPLE SAY IT WILL BE BETTER FOR THE KIDS,BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT THEY MEAN BY THAT AND WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN GA THAN NEW YORK AS FAR AS CRIME?..I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN A NEIGHBORHOOD WITH DECENT SCHOOLS FOR THE KIDS AND AFFORDABLE RENT..IN NEW YORK I'M PAYING $1200 A MONTH FOR A 2 BEDROOM IN A NEIGHBORHOOD THATS IS DEF NOT THE BEST...I HAVE MY LICENSE AND WOULD BE GETTING A CAR,SO ALSO WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CLERICAL JOBS..HOW DO I GO ABOUT FINDING 1..JUST REALLY UNSURE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANYTHING,CUZ I CAN USE THE HELP..THANX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 05:47 AM

90 posts, read 335,967 times
Default Look at these areas...

*I emailed my daughter who lives in Atlanta and she suggested the following...

I would suggest to her the Decatur or Sandy Springs area. Tell her AJCJobs.com is the best way to find a job in GA. Both Decatur and Sandy Spring have enough of the city without being too much in the mix. Smyrna might also be good.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering364 View Post
I'M READY TO GET OUT OF NEW YORK. I'VE HEARD PEOPLE SAY IT WILL BE BETTER FOR THE KIDS,BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT THEY MEAN BY THAT AND WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN GA THAN NEW YORK AS FAR AS CRIME?
Do you now have a backyard with trees and wildlife for the kids to enjoy?
If not, then that's one difference.
When your kids get a bit older, will they be invited to join a gang, or a Boys' and Girls' Club?
That's another.

Crime? I'm not sure, since I was never a victim of crime in NYC. Either because there isn't any, or because I was cautious. You decide.
But in GA, I don't feel like I have to watch my back wherever I go.

Of course, it's possible to pick a really bad neighborhood wherever you go. Check 'em out first.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM

6 posts, read 19,100 times
Thanks For The Replies..i Will Be Sure To Check Out The Neighborhoods First And Thanks For The Job Website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia