Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:52 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,239,449 times

Advertisements

Movin on up, to the nw ga side, fish gonna fry in my kitchen, beans ain't gonna burn on my grill.........lol.

Looking for info on apartments/rentals in NW GA. Specifically, chickamauga and all of Dade county. Any help will be appreciated!

We are 40 years young, empty nesters wanting a nice apartment complex preferably for about 600 or so a month. May have to pay more, but we have this disability called COLLEGE TUITION FOR 3 KIDS. I think it's a disease goin 'round folks in our age group! LOL Want to be within 30 minutes or so of Chattanooga. Must live in Ga due to owning an already GA based business.

Any links to apartment complexes, etc..?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,016,878 times
wow.. you are 40 and have kids in college??... you started YOUNG!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:10 PM

LOL, nope, HE started young - my stepkids!!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 AM

21 posts, read 120,612 times
I love living in Chickamauga. I've been here 2 1/2 years and there are several houses in the city limits and just outside of the city limits that are around that much to rent. I am a transplant from Metro Atlanta and I wouldn't trade living in this wonderfully quaint town. Come on up!!

Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the invite, flynurse! If you could give me any info on houses for rent, etc,,,I would really appreciate it. Can't seem to find much on-line, and the newspaper classifieds are geared so that it makes it almost impossible if you don't know the surrounding areas. Thanks again!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 PM

58 posts, read 222,055 times
Default Welcome

Wish I could help in the relocating. I live here in Euharlee, but spend a lot of time in the mountains up that way. If you like to get away from all of lifes pressures, there's lots of places to go to. If dirt roads, creeks, waterfalls, camping under the stars, listening to wild dogs run and howl at the moon, or even catching a glimpse of wild bears, or wild hogs, I would suggest a little place by the name of CISCO. Yep! It's in Ga. A nice place to go and forget about all your troubles and worries. So if you ever need directions or other info, just let me know. """"""GOOD LUCK"""""

Old 11-16-2007, 07:44 PM

Thanks RiverRat! Sounds like a wonderful get away! I grew up as a "river rat" too during the summers - my family has a lake house at Lake Blackshear - here in south GA! Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,587 times
I see your from Albany and writing the "jeffersons" song on here...I have one thing to say and I hope you don't find it offensive...but if your are black and moving to Chickamauga or anywhere in the NW corner...it might be better to stay in Chattanooga!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,198 times
I think it's sad to assume that one is black if they are from Albany, however, I can understand that assumption. I have to agree with the above post. IF you are, you would be much more comfortable in Chatanooga. There is about 1% of the population in Chickamauga that is African American.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM

OK, sooooo, how am I to reply to these posts? I am always so careful to avoid the whole "race thing". Apparently it has now been brought to me. Here goes.

1. I am a white female

2. I quoted the Jefferson's theme simply because I like it, thought my adaptation of it was cute, and I grew up watching it.

3. I have visited chickamauga and area and have found the people to be absolutely wonderful in their treatment of myself, black people and mexican people. I simply do not know about other races because I did not see any.

4. I am from Albany. It is now predominantly black, however I live outside of it in Lee County, which is predominantly white.

5. I do not judge a place by it's predominance of a race (or lack thereof), but by how I am treated by the populace, and by my interest in the area.

I appreciate your concern and will accept it in the positive manner in which it was proffered.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia