U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM

177 posts, read 912,212 times

Advertisements

Carat 98,

What I love is rural, small town Georgia... not just my town but the many charming small towns I've visited. I think of these towns as CIVILIZATION..and I'm not kidding...people down here are civil.

The things I mentioned in my post like animal auctions, farms, etc are in many small towns in Georgia. I think where life is slower we all have a better chance of getting to know each other. A few visits from the plumber and you find out he's also a minister. Turns out the electrician raises horses...that kind of thing. In "city life" my accountant was my accountant and I had appointments. Here I drop by my accountant and we chat about historic houses.

I hope you won't think I'm rude to just say that I live in a tiny historic town in a rural part of the Piedmont area, south of Atlanta.

All the best,
zebbie

I often write about towns that I visit. What I think is important is to encourage people who are coming to Georgia and have a choice in where they can live (i.e., their jobs don't tie them down to a particular location) to take a look at small towns and small town life.

zebbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 PM

185 posts, read 693,417 times
Default Deja

"I hope you won't think I'm rude to just say that I live in a tiny historic town in a rural part of the Piedmont area, south of Atlanta. "

Not at all. You make it all sound so wonderful. I didn't have that experience and maybe its because I still have to eek and living and don't have the time to travel, except for the weekends. I do love the mountains of GA and the apple farms.....fried apple pies. I miss them. Thanks for the response and best to you.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 PM

177 posts, read 912,212 times
Carat,
If you have a chance to subscribe or look on-line at the (Georgia) Farmers and Consumers Market guide (or bulletin) I think you'll find farms all over Georgia that sell produce and in surprising places, too. That publication lists a lot of things to do as well. If you're not familiar with the publication, it's mailed every two weeks.

I was able to visit Elijay and Blue Ridge last year and that was great, I'd never been to an apple growing REGION before. Unfortunately those areas are a long haul for us and IMHO there is a lot of traffic to get to them.

My husband works in the town where we live, so we are very fortunate. A lot of people in our neck of the woods have very long commutes.

zebbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or