Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM

138 posts, read 620,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillynilly View Post
gee i was thinking of bridgemiil or great sky. looks like i'll stay in fl. i don't need to move into problems i feel sad about that i was looking forward to a move .tks for being honest.
Those are both very nice communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySB View Post
Wow---Didn't expect to find WW3! But I do appreciate the info.

We are looking at Woodmont, and that zip seems to have a low crime rate. I live in Huntsville, AL at the moment, and what you say is true about WHERE you are in the town! We did have a break-in in our house, which is in an upscale and low crime rate area.

I was wondering if there were any other "caveats" about which I should be aware. I looked at the school ratings and they looked good, too. I don't have any kids in school, but it's still important for resale value. Thanks!
I played golf in Woodmont and it was absolutely gorgeous. From an aesthetic standpoint it's a very nice looking community.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Not ignorant at all, and I have no problem whatsoever with morals and what's right and wrong. However, the fact that one woman had problems with one of her neighbors being meth-heads does not constitute a "drug and crime problem in Canton"- that situation could happen in any city in any state, in a rural, suburban or urban environment.

To come onto these boards and proclaim that you "had to move from Canton because of the drug and crime problem" paints a picture with an extremely broad brush, and makes the entire town/area sound like a drug-infested junkie haven. I'm not saying that there aren't issues with meth in town- I'm sure there are- but let's keep them in perspective so as not to scare off potential residents.

Bob
Well said, Bob.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt783 View Post
Another development to check out would be the Governors Preserve. There is over 500 acres of greenspace. Home prices start in the $300's. Real nice place.
It is very nice. Along with Harmony on the Lakes, Bridgemill, Woodmont, Great Sky, the list goes on and on. It's a growing area.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:21 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,269,238 times
Have you made the move yet, Bill, or are you still looking?

Bob

Old 10-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Still looking. But soon hopefully.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 PM

136 posts, read 476,377 times
Actually, it appeared that until now Bob was the only who interpreted "had to move from Canton because of the drug and crime problem" as meaning "makes the entire town/area sound like a drug-infested junkie haven" particulary when read in the context of the entire thread. The OP did seem to understand what was meant. People come here to find out what experiences others have had and are quite cable of making their own decisions based on all the information they have gathered. I understand that this is not the best of times for either the real estate or construction industries but problems in the area do not get resolved by pretending they are not there. If people are aware then they can make it difficult for criminals to get away with crimes and the area as a whole benefits greatly from their awareness.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith15 View Post
Actually, it appeared that until now Bob was the only who interpreted "had to move from Canton because of the drug and crime problem" as meaning "makes the entire town/area sound like a drug-infested junkie haven" particulary when read in the context of the entire thread. The OP did seem to understand what was meant. People come here to find out what experiences others have had and are quite cable of making their own decisions based on all the information they have gathered. I understand that this is not the best of times for either the real estate or construction industries but problems in the area do not get resolved by pretending they are not there. If people are aware then they can make it difficult for criminals to get away with crimes and the area as a whole benefits greatly from their awareness.
Well when you say something like this:

Quote:
I had to move from Canton a few years back due to drug addicts, crime and no law enforcement - don't know if it's changed since then.
To people that are moving from out of state, how do you think it looks to them?

Can they derive from your statement that your problem was with one neighbor in a rural part of the city you were in?

Or instead do they think your statement is a representation of the city as a whole.

Try thinking of it from an outsiders perspective.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:07 PM

136 posts, read 476,377 times
Bill, I understand your point of view but honestly it wasn't just a problem that I had with one neighbor. Other people have had problems and after some poking around I found out some things that I wish I had known before I moved there. I then would have been able to have made a better decision as to whether or not it was the right area for me. Also, many people move to a rural area to get away from crime. There is a thread on this board regarding people looking for small rural communities to raise their kids in. They are not looking for the situation that I wound up in. The people who were interested in the area did make comments and got more information. Not everyone is looking to move to a subdivision like Great Sky and frankly if you are not in a subdivision like that I truly question how competent law enforcement is going be. I actually had a C-Mans officer tell me to go through the neighbor's trash. What were they thinking? I moved to an area that is as rural if not more rural and have found law enforcement to be much more competent and professional.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM

100 posts, read 424,702 times
Cl I think it good to post the bad and the good people need to know .that's what i hope the boards our for .We need good info to make an informed decision. WELL I know for sure Woodmont is very nice. AND BRIDGEMILL AND GREAT SKY OUR ALSO. And I know Vickery is also very nice I think it nice up there If there our problem ares I just STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Oh Bill Woodmont is getting an 55 coummunity by john weiland build check out the site. I THINK IT"S WOODMONT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia