U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Buford, GA
138 posts, read 567,847 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
So did you get any info for me????
lol.... No I let that subject drop. At first I thought she was kidding. But apparently she wasn't. Unless perhaps it's just a Bridgemill Urban Legend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
 
133 posts, read 459,757 times
Reputation: 78
Freaky Deaky...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2007, 06:36 AM
 
1,178 posts, read 3,510,036 times
Reputation: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySB View Post
Hi--

My husband and I are considering a move to the Canton area and particularly like Woodmont. However, we notice that there are 63 homes just in that development that are on the market. That sounds like an awful lot of houses for sale. It seems like the other developments in the area have the same situation.

We know there is a housing slump right now, but is there anything else we should know before "biting the bullet"?

Thanks.
I think a lot of it is due to the fact that illegal alien Mexicans have moved into several subdivisions and are trashing them, so to speak. Cherokee County as a whole is nice, and most of Canton is nice, but there are some areas of Canton where the illegal influx has gotten out of hand. It's generally contained to areas near downtown Canton, and a few spots in close proximity to I-575 right along Ga. 140 (say within a mile or two of the interstate).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 AM
 
1,178 posts, read 3,510,036 times
Reputation: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp17 View Post
clssmith15 - where did you move to....we are looking to move from NJ and are having trouble finding a low crime area. We were looking at Alpharetta and Cumming. I saw a news special about the gang problem in Forsyth County. Does Alpharetta border on a bad area? We have children and I don't want to have to deal with them not being able to go to certain areas of town. We live in a really nice area with no real crime for miles and I am trying to replicate that in Georgia, but I am having trouble doing so.
Gang Problem=Illegal Alien Mexican thugs who shouldn't be in our communities, let alone our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 AM
 
3 posts, read 14,114 times
Reputation: 10
I have lived in Canton for 2 years and I love it! I live about 2 miles from Bridgemill off of Sixes and I've never seen or experienced any crime! I love my quiet neighborhood! It isn't anything fancy by any means but the neighborhood is cozy and private! There are maybe 2 houses for sale in my neighborhood under $160K but I think due to the market there are several houses for sale at the moment. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2007, 06:33 AM
 
4 posts, read 29,162 times
Reputation: 11
Default If this is what you want, move to the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp4180 View Post
The only problem is the rest of the County needs to catch up. Woodstaock and Canton are the only two areas in the County that will have the most building and Metro feeling. The rest of the County will remain rural.
Personally I see this as a good thing, hardly a problem. If you want a lot of building and a "metro feeling", there are plenty of lovely Atlanta suburbs you can move to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp4180 View Post
The only issue is once you are outside of Bridgemill the rest of Canton and the County is a southern rural area where people will fight change to the death.
I think by "change" you mean development, and I hope they keep fighting this. I moved to Cherokee because I wanted to live in a quiet rural area with horse farms, woods and rolling hills. I wanted a safe place to raise my kid, without gangs. Just seven years later, many of the pretty pastures have been replaced with pretentious McMansion subdivisions and cheesy strip malls, and I don't consider this to be progress. I like to be able to see the stars at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp4180 View Post
My biggest complaint is that they need a mall in the County with some Flagship stores and restaurants...give me Dillards, Macy's, Coach etc. I have to travel to Alpharetta or Atlanata and I always do not want to do that.
You know what? I love to shop as much as the next girl, probably more than most. Alpharetta is 30 min away, and it's not much farther to Atlanta - I have no problem driving to get to Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus. Shopping malls bring traffic and crowds and commercialism -- look at the area around Mall of Georgia now. I love the city, but I don't want to live there, and I'd rather not bring it to Cherokee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 AM
 
4 posts, read 29,162 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Alright, this in now the third time I've heard about the Bridgemill swingers thing, in three different venues. What's the story with this???? And where can I sign up?? j/k
From what I understand, drive around and look for upside-down pineapples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2007, 06:48 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 33,444,457 times
Reputation: 3573
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybolide View Post
From what I understand, drive around and look for upside-down pineapples.
Ohhh...the old "from what I understand".......sure it's not from "first hand experience"? lol

I'd heard the upside down pineapple thing before, but don't recall it being in regard to this issue. I'll have to do some further research.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 AM
 
11 posts, read 36,551 times
Reputation: 11
Default I am confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb View Post
WE HEARD THAT SOME HOUSES WERE BUILT VERY POORLY... THATS WHY WE WERE GOING TO MOVE TO BRIDGEMILL, THE HOUSES ARE BUILT VERY WELL THERE!!! MY FRIENDS LOVE THEIR HOME THERE HAVE BEEN THERE FOR ONLY A YEAR, AND ARE FORCED TO MOVE BACK TO FLORIDA FOR HIS JOB... SO THE HOUSE IS FOR SALE NOW, AND BEING LEFT PARTIALLY FURNISHED.. THE BASEMENT IS ALL FINISHED, GORGEOUS HOUSE IN A GREAT DEVELOPMENT!!! CHECK IT OUT, WRITE ME IF YOUD LIKE TO VISIT THEM AND TAKE A LOOK
GOOD LUCK
DEBBIE
DFCOLORS@AOL.COM

Your comments are very confusing to me. You say here that you were going to move to Bridgemill and that it is a great development but in a few older posts you said you would never be able to live in that area because there is nothing to do and all of the kids were very bored and the houses all look the same. You also stated that your family didn't like it because it was like Stepford Wives and that is why you would never move there. No I just read another post that you said you wanted to move there but could not because of business reasons.

I am on this board trying to get real information because we are seriously thinking about making the move. But then I read comments of people bad mouthing everything about it and it make me stop and think if it is a bad decision. I usually decide most people bad mouthing just have nothing better to do.

Now can you tell me why in a year you think it is a great place as opposed to why last year you would never move there. Did you go and spend time with your friends and really get a sense of how it was and that is why your feellings are different? I am not trying to cause a war on he said she said. I am just very interested on why your feelings have changed. Which is a positive thing for me. Maybe if we moved there and didn't love it that it would take time but eventually we would.

I would love to hear your reason for the change of heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 10:15 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 33,444,457 times
Reputation: 3573
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfans View Post

Now can you tell me why in a year you think it is a great place as opposed to why last year you would never move there. Did you go and spend time with your friends and really get a sense of how it was and that is why your feellings are different? I am not trying to cause a war on he said she said. I am just very interested on why your feelings have changed. Which is a positive thing for me. Maybe if we moved there and didn't love it that it would take time but eventually we would.
Probably because her friend has a house to sell there, and has offered to pay her a few bucks if she can find someone to buy it from her........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top