U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,464 times

Advertisements

My advice is stay east of I-575 for the best schools for your kids. I worked in the schools myself and I am happy with the school districts to the East. Originally from SWFL.
Good Luck !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 PM

66 posts, read 180,654 times
Default Response to lot of houses for sale in Canton

My question back to you would be - where aren't there a lot of houses for sale. Every state, every county, every city, every town. . . .
If you have a good job - and like the area - it shouldn't matter how many people are moving out. They may have bitten off more than they could chew !!!

I have family who moved there three years ago and they always say they LOVE it. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySB View Post
Hi--

My husband and I are considering a move to the Canton area and particularly like Woodmont. However, we notice that there are 63 homes just in that development that are on the market. That sounds like an awful lot of houses for sale. It seems like the other developments in the area have the same situation.

We know there is a housing slump right now, but is there anything else we should know before "biting the bullet"?

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Default Crime

What's going on with our (America's) law inforcement?
This is the fourth time I have recently ready (in different cities too) that
the police don't do anything about the druggies !!! How on earth will the
situation get better if law enforcement don't take our safety seriously?
Do they want UNCONTROLLABLE crime? Because that's just what will happen
if they don't do their jobs !!! Heck, in some states they have taken the easy way out and legalized guns - so the citizens can do the policing for them !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith15 View Post
Oh good grief, you sound very ignorant to me.

A drug and crime problem is when your neighbors are doing meth and stalking their single, female neighbor and attacking and beating her animals while she is at work and said single female has to purchase a gun in order to keep the meth addicts off of her and has to sell her house because law enforcement will not do a thing.

There are other incidents, but if you do not think the above is a problem than you have a serious problem with morals.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Default Check out the schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoga View Post
we were actually thinking about moving to the south canton area....bridgemill, crestmont subdivisions. how bad is it really out in the Atlanta area......

My suggestion when deciding to move - is to take the time to visit the whole area - look around, and really LOOK. While school is still IN, go - walk in and look around. See for yourselves what the students sound like, look like, act light. You will learn all you need to know. It's much better than trying to decide from someone else's point of view. Wouldn't you say so too !!!? That's what I have always done and have been happy with all of my moves. . . .

Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdemartini View Post
Those are both very nice communities.

I almost forgot - the downside to moving to Georgia (for my family), were the tornadoes. They admitted that the Florida Hurricanes at least gave you a lot of advance warning, and weren't as frequent as the Georgia tornadoes !!!
But a lot of the Canton area is beautiful. . . . Can't say much for the rest of Georgia.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
There's a mall with all of that around 10 miles from your house off Barrett Parkway, so why would we need another one in Cherokee County? I live in Holly Springs in another master planned community (there are others besides Bridgemill, you know...lol), and while I wouldn't say that I want to "fight change to the death", I'm not really into seeing another mall like Town Center pop up anywhere near my house- on the rare occasion I need to shop at such a place, I'll drive the 15 minutes to do so.

I grew up in central NJ (Woodbridge) with two major malls less than five minutes from my house, and while at first I thought it was peculiar that we didn't have one "around the corner" at our new house here in GA, I now I'm glad it's not. It's cool that my kids can ride past a pasture full of cows on their 1/2-mile trip to school in the morning, rather than past Woodbridge Center.
I agree - I was in Canton two Christmas's ago and they had plenty of Malls and much diversity of shops !!! I actually thought - for my liking - there were too many Malls and shops. Less is more in my opinion anyway, I'm not a shop-a-holic, as long as there is one of each, and they're not too many miles away, that's fine with me.
I'll be going for another visit in June, so I will see how things have developed over the two years I've been away.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 11,920 times
Well, I know this was an old post but I really feel I need to add to this concerning the swingers. My husband and I are relocating our family and were looking at the Bridgemill area. I came across this site and saw the posts about the swingers. Well, my husband really, really likes the neighborhood and is almost dead set on us living there so I decided to do some further investigating on the swinger rumor. Apparently, there is a business on Sixes Road, right out side of the neighborhood that is called: Supersecretswinger.com. They are a husband and wife couple that go by the name of Jared and Kara and you can subscribe to their podcasts and webcam stream to hear about all of their sexual exploits. The problem is, they have single handedly have a ruined a neighborhood's reputation trying to fufill their preverted sexual desires. I was even more appalled to find out they have a daughter ( you can find out just about everything on the internet these days). Also, as I was searching, its pretty safe to say that every town has swingers...Alpharetta, Acworth, Atlanta, Marietta, etc. Now, why Bridgemill is being the one touted as the "Big Swinger Community" I have yet to find out! Any insight would be helpful!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 PM

747 posts, read 1,345,216 times
How do these swingers affect you in any way? Who cares? Are you being forced to listen to their podcasts and watch their webcams? As much as everyone would like to paint that community as some suburban white bread utopia where nothing "bad" ever happens, Bridgemill is simply too big to not have a few nutjobs running around. Mind your own business and worry about your own life.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 AM

1,352 posts, read 3,973,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooovn2georgia View Post
Well, I know this was an old post but I really feel I need to add to this concerning the swingers. My husband and I are relocating our family and were looking at the Bridgemill area. I came across this site and saw the posts about the swingers. Well, my husband really, really likes the neighborhood and is almost dead set on us living there so I decided to do some further investigating on the swinger rumor. Apparently, there is a business on Sixes Road, right out side of the neighborhood that is called: Supersecretswinger.com. They are a husband and wife couple that go by the name of Jared and Kara and you can subscribe to their podcasts and webcam stream to hear about all of their sexual exploits. The problem is, they have single handedly have a ruined a neighborhood's reputation trying to fufill their preverted sexual desires. I was even more appalled to find out they have a daughter ( you can find out just about everything on the internet these days). Also, as I was searching, its pretty safe to say that every town has swingers...Alpharetta, Acworth, Atlanta, Marietta, etc. Now, why Bridgemill is being the one touted as the "Big Swinger Community" I have yet to find out! Any insight would be helpful!
Movin,

BridgeMill has long been the joke of a place to live among us locals, so swingers i doubt would matter much at this point.

So hopefully that will give you a little insight as to why.. basically we use it as laughing stock so if its weird or otherwise and has to do with that planned development, it will be public and referenced. Don't worry about it, its not really a bad place, unless you are claustrophobic

Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,255 times
Wow, my family and I are from Florida and are entertaining the idea of a move to GA, Canton being a top pick, but reading this has scared me a bit!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia