Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:02 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boca Barb View Post
So, Can you or anyone tell me if Cumming, Ga. or nearby towns have any Italian Grocers or Deli's?
Not sure about a grocer, but there is at least one great little Italian restaurant--mom and pop operation. Sorry, can't remember the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
One of the things you will notice if you visit Augusta is the lack of Southern Homestyle restaurants. Nearly everything in that town is a chain so finding real local Southern food is surprisingly difficult. There used to be a fairly decent soul food restaurant in Augusta.. but it closed because the owner had legal troubles. There are a couple of good Southern Style Seafood places... Old McDonald Fish Camp in South Carolina and T's in South Augusta.. but not much beyond that.. Augusta really lacks really good homestyle meat and 2 vegetable places. Not really sure why this is.. maybe its because the chain restaurants are so dominant. As for Barbecue. the better places are in South Carolina.. everyone always raves about Sconyers.. but I never found that it lived up to all its hype. It's rather overpriced for barbecue and nothing extraordinary.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 PM

348 posts, read 1,021,505 times
Anything from Blue Willow Inn

Old 10-07-2007, 01:58 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Blue Willow Inn, Mrs Wilkes Boarding HOuse, and The Berryman HOuse are all great truly Southern homestyle restaurants.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:22 PM

783 posts, read 1,162,402 times
Unhappy Top Hat Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
RC cola and Coca Cola both originated in Columbus. Pemberton was a pharmacist in Columbus at the time when he came up with the original formula for Coca Cola, he sold all rights to Asa Candler and the rest is history. Sort of like Delta Air Lines, which originated in Monroe, LA, not Atlanta, GA. Columbus has got some good down home southern style restaurants, such as Country's BBQ, Ezel's, Wynnton BBQ Pit, 13th Street BBQ, Macon Road BBQ, Chester's, Top Hat Chicken (the original spicy chicken) and Rosehill. These are home grown and have been in business for many years. I believe that their flavor is distinctly Columbus, but I am slightly biased.
Unfortunately, Top Hat Chicken has been closed for about a year now... a great shame.

--
"God's Toybox" by Dockery-Beck:
http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars

"Wobble" by Dockery-Conley:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 PM

893 posts, read 791,003 times
I always wanted to open a restaurant called "Everything Fried"

Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Everything is a "coke". As in, "Hey, you want a coke?" Any type of soda is called a "coke".

Fried Chicken - Must have HOMEMADE pimento & cheese sandwiches and pineapple sandwiches to go with it!!!

You can find an AWESOME scramble dog in Albany at the Little Red Dog House on Broad Ave.

Pound Cakes
Banana Pudding
Buttermilk Pies

Old 02-23-2008, 11:04 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Oh, I almost forgot.....the ultimate...............

RC AND A MOONPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:27 AM

893 posts, read 791,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Everything is a "coke". As in, "Hey, you want a coke?" Any type of soda is called a "coke".

Fried Chicken - Must have HOMEMADE pimento & cheese sandwiches and pineapple sandwiches to go with it!!!

You can find an AWESOME scramble dog in Albany at the Little Red Dog House on Broad Ave.

Pound Cakes
Banana Pudding
Buttermilk Pies
I love buttermilk pie yummy

Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
The Brunswick Stew at the Georgia Pig in Brunswick is fabulous! I wish I was close enough to get some. Hopefully in a year or so I will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia