U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 07:50 AM

4,492 posts, read 6,361,597 times

Advertisements

Hilarious ^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 AM

932 posts, read 1,120,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
. Columbus comes in at third because of Fort Benning!
A military base is your town top claim to fame? That hilarious!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:04 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,113,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
A military base is your town top claim to fame? That hilarious!!!!!!
I'm sorry,but Fort Benning uses Columbus as a tourism tool for their military families! Its very well known in the military community.Nothing in Augusta can compare yearly.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Savannah does the same for Stewart
Augusta does the same for Gordon
Macon Does the Same for Robins

Columbus isn't unique and Augusta has twice the GDP of Columbus has.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 AM

2,204 posts, read 3,456,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
I don't care if you are or not... I asked you what you meant by a vague posting and you replied with a smart comment. I was guessing as to what your position was based on your last couple of postings in this thread. You were pretty hung up on the density thing, if I guessed wrong, then you could've answered my question and put all doubts to rest. That's how conversations and message boards work...
Dude please...what is your point? First of all, I wasn't ever talking to you in this thread and secondly have a nice day.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Moving alone....Some people just refuse to get it! so anyway on another note.....Let's just hope Macon goes in the right direction now that it's consolidated...
Reckon he was talking about this...but I'm not trying get in between you two.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,113,862 times
Quote:
Savannah does the same for Stewart
Augusta does the same for Gordon
Macon Does the Same for Robins

Columbus isn't unique and Augusta has twice the GDP of Columbus has.
Columbus is more unique than Augusta! Augusta is just the shallow of Savannah.

Fort Benning is more known in the state. And what this have to do with GDP? That's your only argument?

Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM

Fact are so stubborn aren't they?......

Now you are just grasping for straws lol....its OK

Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 AM

31,760 posts, read 29,494,598 times
Quote:
Outside the Superbowl what american sporting event is more covered my the media and watched around the world than the Masters in Augusta?
Halftime: The 50 Most-Viewed Sporting Events of 2012 (So Far) | Sports Media Watch

Quote:
Then you end your argument with a contradiction
It's not a contradiction at all. Generally, being known primarily for an annual niche event doesn't translate into a high level of general name recognition.

Quote:
Augusta is neck and neck with Savannah in name recognition despite all the fluff pieces from leisure and tourist magazines.
I seriously doubt that. Savannah is much more of a year-round destination than Augusta and is recognized for the actual city as opposed to just an annual event.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Halftime: The 50 Most-Viewed Sporting Events of 2012 (So Far) | Sports Media Watch

It's not a contradiction at all. Generally, being known primarily for an annual niche event doesn't translate into a high level of general name recognition.

I seriously doubt that. Savannah is much more of a year-round destination than Augusta and is recognized for the actual city as opposed to just an annual event.
A destination to those who know of its...Savannah doesn't a world renown event or happening. The average person cant tell you anything about Savannah. The point is that if you know about Savannah you know Augusta. If you about Augusta that doesn't mean you know Savannah. No one knows about Columbus, Macon is more popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or