U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 PM

13,683 posts, read 17,785,118 times

Advertisements

That there's some "Atlanta conspiracy" to keep Augusta down is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You Augusta homers really don't have any idea. It reminds me of folks over in Alabama who always scratch their heads and ask "How come nobody likes us? Why do people make fun of us?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,310 posts, read 12,648,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
LOL, what the hell?

To be fair, one can argue that Savannah is the most cosmopolitan city in the state outside of Atlanta.
What does that mean? To be fair, there's no argument metro Augusta has the most shopping, jobs, entertainment, etc outside of Atlanta..

Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM

13,683 posts, read 17,785,118 times
Quote:
To be fair, one can argue that Savannah is the most cosmopolitan city in the state outside of Atlanta.
By a longshot. I mean, it's not even a contest.

Savannah Named to Travel + Leisure Top 10 List of Best Cities in the U.S. and Canada | WSAV TV

Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,366,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
That there's some "Atlanta conspiracy" to keep Augusta down is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You Augusta homers really don't have any idea. It reminds me of folks over in Alabama who always scratch their heads and ask "How come nobody likes us? Why do people make fun of us?"
Haha great analogy!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Nobody from Augusta ever said that, and there's no point in continuing the discussion...

Actually you don't have any idea about Augusta from reading your comments..... This is the person who said very few Augusta National members live in Augusta, and the walls are to keep out the quote 'have nots'....

Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
What does that mean? To be fair, there's no argument metro Augusta has the most shopping, jobs, entertainment, etc outside of Atlanta..
Wow really?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Wow really?
The poster from Savannah made it seem the city should be in their own tier/group because it's the most cosmopolitan.. Then I guess Augusta should be in another group since it has the largest GDP/metro population, and the most jobs/shopping/entertainment...

Your always the first person to join up with Newsboy, I guess having somebody from another city makes you feel better while responding to any comment from Augusta posters.. I also find it interesting you jump on his inferiority bandwagon, but felt the need to respond to my comment that had nothing to do with you...

Plus according to you Columbus & Augusta are equal because they have around the same city population lol... They have around the same city population, but Peachtree mall can't compete against Haywood(Greenville) & Columbina(Columbia) like Augusta mall can..

Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,694,636 times
Quote:
According to who? Savannah is no slouch when it comes to shopping. Augusta certainly has evolved over the past couple of years in terms of shopping, but to say that Savannah doesn't come close is a bit much. Augusta may have a Williams-Sonoma and an Apple store, but Savannah has a Marc Jacobs store. And to say that Augusta has more entertainment options than Savannah is laughable. Savannah's diverse entertainment options are one of the reasons why it is popular for tourists.

I won't comment on the economy, as I am unfamiliar with both cities.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
The poster from Savannah made it seem the city should be in their own category because it's the most cosmopolitan.. Then I guess Augusta should be it their own category since it has the biggest GDP/metro population, and more jobs/shopping/entertainment...

Your always the first person to join up with Newsboy, I guess having somebody from another city makes you feel better while responding to any comment from Augusta posters.. I also find it interesting you jump on his inferiority bandwagon, but felt the need to respond to my comment that had nothing to do with you...

Plus according to you Columbus & Augusta are equal because they have around the same city population lol...
I don't join with him, I agree with him. He talks actual sense and reality. He speaks the truth, something you should take note on. I think he does a good job posting factual info.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
According to who? Savannah is no slouch when it comes to shopping. Augusta certainly has evolved over the past couple of years in terms of shopping, but to say that Savannah doesn't come close is a bit much. Augusta may have a Williams-Sonoma and an Apple store, but Savannah has a Marc Jacobs store. And to say that Augusta has more entertainment options than Savannah is laughable. Savannah's diverse entertainment options are one of the reasons why it is popular for tourists.

I won't comment on the economy, as I am unfamiliar with both cities.
I said the 'most' in terms of actual numbers, and those numbers have been provided on the Georgia forum before.... Metro Augusta is much larger than metro Savannah... More retail, businesses, entertainment, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I don't join with him, I agree with him. He talks actual sense and reality. He speaks the truth, something you should take note on. I think he does a good job posting factual info.
His comment about 'very few Augusta National Members live in Augusta' is the truth and reality??

If you were from Augusta then you would obviously know how foolish this comments sounds..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or