Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Columbus is also known to have one of the best sports complex in the Southeast. South Commons made a boom last Saturday.Golden Park is a rich name in the south. Everyone want to play ball there.

1,300 come for softball tournament | Latest News | Columbus Ledger Enquirer
LOL, it's my first time hearing about it. When it comes to sports complexes in the South, the most well known will inevitably be tied to college or pro facilities.

Quote:
But let's not kid ourselves,Atlanta would still be in decay if the Olympics never happen.
"Still"? Atlanta was nowhere near being "in decay" before the Olympics. The Olympics put some stuff on the fast track that most likely would have eventually happened anyway, especially urban development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,844,120 times
I miss the old Columbus. Just look at the ferry in the hooch.

The Quest - Softball's Journey to the 1996 Olympics: Part 2 - YouTube

Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Yea, and you haven't been a part of the thread here lately... I guess you're still hung up on the density thing.

Not really but what if I was?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 AM

998 posts, read 1,549,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Not really but what if I was?

I don't care if you are or not... I asked you what you meant by a vague posting and you replied with a smart comment. I was guessing as to what your position was based on your last couple of postings in this thread. You were pretty hung up on the density thing, if I guessed wrong, then you could've answered my question and put all doubts to rest. That's how conversations and message boards work...

Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Neither city really has a substantial identity, but Columbus's major problem is sharing its name with a much larger state capital.
The Augusta National is Augusta's identity and part of Georgia's for that matter.

Quote:
Augusta doesn't really have that problem and it does have a national high-profile annual sporting event
Outside the Superbowl what american sporting event is more covered my the media and watched around the world than the Masters in Augusta?

Quote:
Still, neither one really has huge name recognition.
Then you end your argument with a contradiction

Augusta is neck and neck with Savannah in name recognition despite all the fluff pieces from leisure and tourist magazines.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Wow! Augusta doesn't have a better identity than Columbus.
First no one is arguing who has the better identity ...
Ask someone in Oregon what and where is Columbus? then ask them what and where is Savannah? Then ask them what and where is Augusta? No one would say Columbus GA or Fort Benning.

Quote:
Nothing in Augusta is larger or known than Fort Benning or Callaway Gardens. I could even say THE GEORGIA STATE THEATER & NATIONAL INFANTRY MUSEUM,give Columbus a edge over Augusta.
No one outside the south would have any clue of what you were talking about. Its debatable that Callaway Gardens is even in Columbus...but OK

Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,844,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
First no one is arguing who has the better identity ...
Ask someone in Oregon what and where is Columbus? then ask them what and where is Savannah? Then ask them what and where is Augusta? No one would say Columbus GA or Fort Benning.

No one outside the south would have any clue of what you were talking about. Its debatable that Callaway Gardens is even in Columbus...but OK

Just like Mutiny77 said,there's more than one Columbus. Ask anyone in OKC where is Augusta? No one going to know! Savannah and Atlanta are the only well known Georgia cities. Columbus comes in at third because of Fort Benning! Just ask any solider or their family across U.S.A about Columbus-Fort Benning!

Callaway Gardens is outside of Columbus. Just like six flags is outside of Atlanta

Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 AM

You miss the whole point....

There is more than one Augusta....more than one Dallas. I'm sure a lot of people in OKC heard of Augusta, they watch sport and know who Tiger, Phil, Jack are ...do they know whats Augusta's geographic position in GA? Probably not.

Savannah isn't all that well known outside the south to be honest, sorry to burst your bubble. It's know for being a Charleston Lite along I-95.

Please make this your last time comparing Columbus and Atlanta. Six-Flags is not Outside of Atlanta.

Last edited by River_Dawg; 08-13-2012 at 07:25 AM..

Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Augusta has 1 week of fame a year. The other 51 weeks it is no different than any other 2nd tier southern city. Where do you get this notion that it is as well known as Savannah? That's hilarious.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 AM

......1 week of the world putting the spot light on Augusta National out shining any other sporting event on the planet at the time.......No different than any other 2nd tier southern city? Columbus cant get a nano second lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia