U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,552,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Msa's arent made just by drawing a circle around a given area. The true market is Savannah, not Savanah plus Hilton Head which has it's own MSA and depends on it's own economy. Maybe one day they will combine them but as of now they arent.
Hilton Head-Beaufort is a Micropolitan area, not Metropolitan just to clarify.

As far as being included with Savannah's Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), I completely agree with Newsboy in the fact that so much of their population commutes to Savannah for jobs... and not just jobs for that matter. Those people also shop in Savannah and vice versa. Beaufort and Jasper counties are a big part of the Savannah area and should be included. Probably just as much as Hinesville's micropolitan area is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:10 PM

13,679 posts, read 17,765,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
What's On The Agenda For Augusta's Downtown Development Authority? | ABC 6 WJBF-TV

Why does Augusta have more retail and retail revenue? You can have the visitors, people are coming to downtown Augusta to live, work and play.
LOL?! Seriously? I heard people were going to downtown Augusta to get shot. After the violence that occurred there two weeks ago, haven't several businesses announced they are LEAVING downtown Augusta?

All discussions of crime and what not aside, downtown Savannah is so many light years ahead of Augusta it's not even funny. Seriously, I sometimes wonder if you Augustans who thiAnk so highly of your downtown have ever been to Savannah? I mean, come on dudes .... there is nothing to compare.

LIVE, WORK, PLAY?! Downtown Savannah has been doing that for nearly 300 years -- and why we have 12 million visitors a year to our Historic District every year!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,310 posts, read 12,640,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
LOL?! Seriously? I heard people were going to downtown Augusta to get shot. After the violence that occurred there two weeks ago, haven't several businesses announced they are LEAVING downtown Augusta?

All discussions of crime and what not aside, downtown Savannah is so many light years ahead of Augusta it's not even funny. Seriously, I sometimes wonder if you Augustans who thiAnk so highly of your downtown have ever been to Savannah? I mean, come on dudes .... there is nothing to compare.

LIVE, WORK, PLAY?! Downtown Savannah has been doing that for nearly 300 years -- and why we have 12 million visitors a year to our Historic District every year!
I notice the people who live in Augusta never have to make false sarcastic remarks... I wonder have you ever been to Augusta?? Your comments tell us you don't have much knowledge about downtown Augusta.. Shooting are very rare in the CBD, and this was first shooting in a very long time... We both know people have gotten shot in downtown Savannah this year... Only one business has thought about moving, and one of the possible locations is further up Broad street... I think you meant to say several businesses have announced they're opening dowtown...

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-17-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 AM

13,679 posts, read 17,765,043 times
Nortonguy, I have been to downtown Augusta MANY times -- you are only two hours away after all! I wish your downtown all the luck in the world, but to pretend downtown Augusta is anywhere CLOSE to what downtown Savannah offers is complete and total nonsense -- FANTASY! Don't kid yourself.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,360,452 times
Comparing downtown Augusta to downtown Savannah is hilarious.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 AM

932 posts, read 1,120,071 times
Comparing Augusta to Columbus is hilarious. Look at the facts.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Nortonguy, I have been to downtown Augusta MANY times -- you are only two hours away after all! I wish your downtown all the luck in the world, but to pretend downtown Augusta is anywhere CLOSE to what downtown Savannah offers is complete and total nonsense -- FANTASY! Don't kid yourself.
I never compared the two, but I definitely took issue with the 'I heard people were going to downtown to get shot'' comment....

Old 07-18-2012, 10:21 AM

932 posts, read 1,120,071 times
Savannah has the better downtown, no one is arguing that. But Augusta is a safer place to live and beating Savannah in several other categories. Savannah and Augusta are two of Georgia's largest, growing metros in their own right, so why start a pissing contest just you don't like the statistic?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 AM

23 posts, read 51,040 times
Savannah and Augusta both are far too crime ridden for their size, but at least Savannah is interesting.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Philadelphia View Post
Savannah and Augusta both are far too crime ridden for their size, but at least Savannah is interesting.
According to the FBI Augusta is less crime ridden compared to similar size metros/cities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or