U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM

5 posts, read 13,028 times

Advertisements

Relocating to Richmond Hill from Mas with two school aged kids. What area is good to live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 08:09 PM

13,684 posts, read 17,802,695 times
This question will get more response in the SAVANNAH forum, as Richmond HILL is an affluent and fast-growing close-in suburb of Savannah.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 PM

8,059 posts, read 10,547,052 times
Agree with Newsboy. Leaving out the HILL in your title is confusing. Thought you might be talking the Augusta area as Richmond County and Augusta are now consolidated and the name sometimes is interchanged. Richmond Hill is Savannah area.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM

92 posts, read 208,474 times
Wink i am not an expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlthgig View Post
Relocating to Richmond Hill from Mas with two school aged kids. What area is good to live in?
I am by no means an expert on Richmond Hill, but I have been there quite a few times. To me Richmond Hill has become really suburban, and it is mainly one of the zillion of 'oases' for travelers going down I-95. Otherwise it seems pleasant enough to me, with some very quiet and wooded sections. To me, the very ebst place to live near RH, is back the road towards Fort McAllister. There are some very nice and beautiful homes along the riverfront of the pristine Ogeechee River. Back towards that way is extremely pleasant, quiet, and scenic. There are a few developments back that way, if you do not want to live with much space around your house too. I have a good hunch that the schools are probably good quality. People have very good income around that area. Also, it does seem extremely safe, except the main drag through town, U.S. 82. You are so lucky to be able to move so close to Savannah. I am so jealous of you

Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperrX View Post
I am by no means an expert on Richmond Hill, but I have been there quite a few times. To me Richmond Hill has become really suburban, and it is mainly one of the zillion of 'oases' for travelers going down I-95. Otherwise it seems pleasant enough to me, with some very quiet and wooded sections. To me, the very ebst place to live near RH, is back the road towards Fort McAllister. There are some very nice and beautiful homes along the riverfront of the pristine Ogeechee River. Back towards that way is extremely pleasant, quiet, and scenic. There are a few developments back that way, if you do not want to live with much space around your house too. I have a good hunch that the schools are probably good quality. People have very good income around that area. Also, it does seem extremely safe, except the main drag through town, U.S. 82. You are so lucky to be able to move so close to Savannah. I am so jealous of you
ALL OF THIS! Except the Coastal Highway thru RH is US 17, not 82.

That whole area of east Richmond Hill going toward Fort Pulaski and Ford Plantation is fantastic -- lots of very upscale developments, condos to townhomes to mansions on deep water access, plus good shopping, restaurants, upscale local boutiques, etc. It reminds me a lot of the Bluffton, SC area. The local government there is doing a very good job of managing growth and new development. It's the best suburban area of Savannnah IMO.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:13 AM

92 posts, read 208,474 times
Talking hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
ALL OF THIS! Except the Coastal Highway thru RH is US 17, not 82.

That whole area of east Richmond Hill going toward Fort Pulaski and Ford Plantation is fantastic -- lots of very upscale developments, condos to townhomes to mansions on deep water access, plus good shopping, restaurants, upscale local boutiques, etc. It reminds me a lot of the Bluffton, SC area. The local government there is doing a very good job of managing growth and new development. It's the best suburban area of Savannnah IMO.
Hey now!!!! Yes yes yes....sir!!!- that is what I meant U.S. 17! We have a U.S. 82 down this way so I guess I had that on my mind, hahahaha.

Now...let me point out a slight error from you, ok? While, Fort Pulaski is definitely east of Richmond Hill, it is more like North-East. Pulaski is more like on the other side of Savannah going out to Tybee Island. McAllister is the one directly east of Richmond Hill. actually it is only a few miles away. You can't even get to Pulaski from Richmond Hill, without going up thru some of Savannah. The Marshes of Chatham prevent that. Also I believe you was referring to all of those little developments such as Skidaway Island, Isle of Hope and so on...you have to go thru southern Savannah to get to all of them too.

Ok, we are even now!!!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 AM

^^^ YEP! You are right, I meant Fort McAllister! There's a great state park there. Unfortunately, all the new development around RH is encroaching on it pretty bad. Lots of new McMansions have been built right up against the park with their backyards the only green space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia