U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,255 times

Advertisements

Orlando, it is people like you, that give floridians a bad name. If you do not like the area, move back to florida. I grew up here, and yes, I have left Georgia on numerous occasions. I have traveled the world and have not found anywhere I had rather live. No, it is not perfect, but no place is. People like you with your condescending attitude, leave a bad taste in my backwoods, country mouth. Oh, by the way, I taught high school in Hall County until I retired, and our school alone had 1200 teenagers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 05:24 AM

43 posts, read 203,375 times
removed We lived on the outskirts of Gainesville for 2 years. It was actually Forsyth county schools, which were much better than Gainesville.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 01-01-2013 at 07:53 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,471,594 times
My opinion about Gainesville has changed over the past few years since I had a close relative move there and have become more familiar with the area. There are certainly some bad areas of Gainesville, mostly on the south side, but the city also has some very nice areas, such as the area around Riverside Drive, Green St. and surrounding streets, areas around the lake, and the neighborhoods between Thompson Bridge and the lake. I also enjoy some of the restaurants on the square, like Scott's, Luna's, Atlanta Pizza, and Re-cess. Some of the schools are also not great, but I know many upscale professionals from outside the city who pay tuition for their children to attend Enota and Centennial, as well as Gainesville High. Looking at the school demographics on paper it doesn't seem to make sense, but everyone I know seems to be very happy with those particular schools.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,068 times
That's too bad that most of the people who posted on this comment board could only respond with being a heartfelt racist! This country does not belong to you! The good Lord made everything on earth and if He wants mexicans, blacks Asians SO ON! To live where He wants them too rather gainesville? Atlanta , New York, California, ect.. we, they and I can live where we choose! So get over it!! Go on with your lives! Because we are not goin N.E.WHERE!

Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,068 times
Should show more love towards your fellow brothers and sisters, rather black, white, red or Brown skin! It's the only way to be truly happy with yourselves and it pleases God! Marker of heaven and earth. I love Latinos!! Wrote my last fiction book dedicated and featuring them!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM

5,882 posts, read 4,337,797 times
Gainesville is nice but there are certainly some run down areas and rougher patches. Long stretches of Atlanta Highway aren't the nicest but overall Gainesville is nice. I find I like Flowery Branch much better however.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 AM

247 posts, read 1,201,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The issue posters are having with the 'Mexicans' (we can't assume that everyone here illegally is Mexican; many are from Central America and beyond) seems to be over their 1) legal status, and their 2) availing themselves of services that they are not entitled to...not racial intolerance.
So to answer your question, no.
I don't think it is a racial intolerance issue but more of a clash of cultures. Any Spanish speaking person is labeled as "Mexican". They provide cheap labor for the poultry plants in Gainesville. At one time there was a problem with "Mexican" gangs, I have not kept up with the issue so I can't tell you if that is still a problem or not.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 425 times
Default intolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUEPIE View Post
We Moved From Palm Beach County Florida To Gainesville Ga About 2 Years Ago.we Love It Here.we Live In The Northern Part Of The County.the Only Draw Back Is The Illegal Aliens Who Have Inundated The County.i Don't Understand Why The County Commission Allows Then To Be Here When They Are Illegal.other Then The Illegal Aliens Its A Perfect Place To Live.
I would like to know if you have asked every latino in Gainesville in a one by one basis if they are illegal alien? Just to remind you. Not all brown skin color are illegal aliens many of them are legal aliens and many others were born here or became citizens by naturalization. They have the same rights that you as a white person have. No difference at all. By the way, for you to understand why the County Commissions allows them. It is maybe because they do the job that you as white will never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or