Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM

12 posts, read 22,274 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I am new to city-data. I currently live in Central Florida, specifically on the Space Coast. I have my AS Degree in Health Information Technology (HIM) and am just finishing up studying to be credentialed/nationally certified. My husband is in tech support/call center for systems/modems, however he will soon begin online courses for his AA so he can later earn an engineering degree,potentially.

Anyway, we are going up to NE GA in April for a weekend. We will be going to Helen and Tallulah Falls.. Staying the night in Cornelia. I've seen enough pictures and been to GA in the past, and know that I love the landscape. My husband will need to be convinced, and this trip is the perfect way for me to do that

I have looked at some area hospitals for jobs and have seen a few - looking for medical records, patient business services, specifically HIM Analyst as is my current role.

Is there anyone here who works in this field or knows much about the job outlook of such a field in NE GA? Until I find a job "worth moving" for, I know it will be out of the question... and I want to get out of Florida as soon as I possibly can!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 PM

744 posts, read 2,476,808 times
Gainsville is really the medical hub for the mountain regions. So you might want to
Start your search there . The big hospital there is called North East Georgia Medical Center .
Also North Georgia State University in Dahlonega does have a nursing program so you might want check that area out as well .

Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 PM

12 posts, read 22,274 times
Thanks go falcons. I have a coworker who has a sister who is an RN in Gainsville, so I am going to start searching around there at COL & jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia