Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 22,245 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Kristen. My girlfriend and I have been looking for somewhere to relocate and start our lives together. We live in Baton Rouge, La . I dont know if i'll offend anyone but it has completely turned ratchet and ghetto here. Rent is high and its hard to find a place worth moving to with out being in the hood. The crime rate is horrible. I can speak for me and my girlfriend its time to move. lol. Anyways im 21 years old and shes 28.

I dont know much about Georgia. Ive heard its conservative and also beautiful!! Athens caught my eye, but it seems like its nothing but college students. Need to know how the jobs growth is, Rent, and where are the nice busy growing places in Georgia.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
You may be sorely disappointed with GA. While the job market is improving, unless you have highly marketable, unique skills, your chances or finding a good job are slim. Like most places, rent prices are higher in desirable, safe areas, and the days of finding a good place for $500/month are long gone.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM

15 posts, read 22,245 times
Thanks so much. Guess ill try my luck somewhere else. :/

Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,258 times
Default Help has Arrived

Hello Kristen:

Athens is a nice small town. However, it is definitely a college town! The University of Georgia pretty much consumes the city. Not to mention during football season, the city of Athen is pretty much shut down. I have lived in the Metro Atlanta (Metro Atlanta consist of Clayton, Dekalb, Cobb, Fulton, Gwinnette, Douglas, and Rockdale Counties) for over fifteen years. I am now ready to relocate! When I first moved here jobs were plentiful and living was good. Now we have an approximate 9.3 unemployment rate, to rent an apartment in a decent area you will need to be prepared to pay at least $700 and up for a one bedroom and $800.00 and up for a two bedroom. You should also think about your qualifications when moving to Georgia. There are lots of people that live in and around the metro Atlanta areas that have at least a bachelors degree and higher. This means that the job competition is very competitive and you have to be prepared for it. Also, be prepared to have at least $1500 - $2000 for moving expenses (Moving truck, gas, rent, etc.). I hope that this has helped. Good Luck and God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia