Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM

146 posts, read 266,474 times

Advertisements

Hello Georgia!

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...o-you-know.htm

I started the above post for a senior playground. Dahlonega sure looks like it might be it.

Please help me.

What are the apartment complexes I can look into for under 650.

Then do you have senior mobile home parks or condo's under 60k to buy?

What are full time residents like? Mountain folk? Georgia southern folk?

You think I'd do okay making friends (illness retired at 50)? Or is it a very tight knit group? Thank you for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,638 times
I have seen a couple of mobile homes listed in Dahlonega listed in your price range on both Craigslist and the local paper "The Nugget ". Most are listed as being off by themselves on a piece of land .I do not know of any mobile home parks for seniors only in the area .
There are plenty of town houses in the area for sale or for rent . I have not seen any for sale in that price range . Most of what I have seen recently have been way higher than the price range you mentioned. It might not hurt to contact a realtor to help you find what you are looking for .
I do advise you that rental properties really move in the area due to the influx of students arriving in the area in the fall , the military base expanding and it just being a popular mountain town in general . If you find one you like, be prepared to act quickly.
The town is a real mix of people . It has many people who have relocated from the Atlanta area, ex Floridians ,students from all over , military personnel from everywhere , so it really is interesting .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia