U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
bri bri started this thread

4 posts, read 17,353 times

Advertisements

Hi and Good-day,

Could you please say what kind of place is Dacula. Coming from New England how can I fit in, I just love the homes and the folks look very nice, but could you kindly say if I am making the right decission. I am looking somewhere that we can feel at ease. Please say what you think and about the folks that live there..Thanks a million.

Bri CT.
New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM

985 posts, read 5,364,293 times
Search on the site. You will find several postings on Dacula already.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:33 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,563,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri View Post
Hi and Good-day,

Could you please say what kind of place is Dacula. Coming from New England how can I fit in, I just love the homes and the folks look very nice, but could you kindly say if I am making the right decission. I am looking somewhere that we can feel at ease. Please say what you think and about the folks that live there..Thanks a million.

Bri CT.
New England.
visit the following link: http://www.daculaga.gov/ (broken link)

Old 10-14-2006, 12:55 PM

45 posts, read 48,849 times
I'm a Realtor and I have done many transactions and consultations in Dacula. I love the place. I think the township is pretty centered around Hamilton Mill. Life there, from what I have gathered from my clients and my experience, is very subtle and there is lots of community spirit. It has been described to me before as a "soccer mom" lifestyle. You have soo much going on up Dacula that the dust really hasn't settled and the community taken on a true identity. Dacula used to not be as busy as it is now. In the 1980's it was very rural. Since about 1993, there has been a huge wave of growth and it still hasn't stopped to this day. Don't get me wrong, the whole municipality has not changed. There are still homeowners and residents that have raised generations of family there. I speak generally and as a whole. The fact that you are relocating from so far away, and have taken notice of a town that once had I don't know 7000 residents at one point, is credit to my statement. With respect to your question Bri, that's hard to say because I don't know you, your lifestyle, your family, and your way of life in order for me to tell you if you fit in.

You do have lots of options in the Metro Atlanta area.

Good Luck!

Last edited by xxman777; 10-14-2006 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: No Advertising!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,536,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri View Post
Hi and Good-day,

Bri CT.
New England.
A Connecticut Yankee in Dacula's Court
I live in the Dacula area. Feel free to PM me on questions.
I like it in the area. Close to everything. Mall of GA. Doctors, schools, etc.
The only issue here is developers run a muk. The traffic is expanding at rapid rates.
Being a Connecticut person just think of Stamford and the NY White Plains border area on the I-95 area at rush hour.

All in all we like it. I'm a West Virginia hick native, my wife is a Jersey Girl. Actually, I think I'm one of the "most southern" persons living in the area. The majority are folks from NY, NJ, CT, MI, and Cali.

Good Luck

Old 10-15-2006, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,652 times
So being from NY would people give me a hard time? I work in Alharetta and my family and I are looking to finally buy a home. Dacula seems nice.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:38 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,536,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis DeSanctis View Post
So being from NY would people give me a hard time? I work in Alharetta and my family and I are looking to finally buy a home. Dacula seems nice.
Ha Ha.
Well, my wife is from N.Jersey. My next door neighbor NY, his next door, NY. His next door, NY. His next door, NY. His next door, LA (darn I missed a NY'r), woops! his next door, NY!!!

I think you will fit in just fine Dennis

Old 10-21-2006, 08:09 AM

431 posts, read 2,002,700 times
Dennis, if you live in Alpharetta and want to live in Dacula, be prepared for a nightmare of a commute. REmember, there are no highways that run across from east to west. You would have to go locally. My brother does that now and it's about an hour and 15 min each way and he's just on the border of alpharetta. Plus what's so great about DAcula? there's nothing there but a bunch of subdivisions. It's all full of people from NY/NJ/CT who have relocated (i'm a NY'er myself) who were duped into buying a new home that they could never afford in the north, but once the novelty of a new home wears off and you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, then what? As for Hamilton Mill area, very nice if you are truly a soccer mom. What a boring life indeed. I swear its like Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:42 AM
bri bri started this thread

4 posts, read 17,353 times
Thumbs up Thanks Y'all

Hi there good folks, thanks for your kind responses. I do appreciate your warm and kind words welcoming me to Dacula. I look forward to a comfortable life there and I know I will no longer be on Long Island Sound. But I am sure Lake Lanier would be just as great. I aml visiting again soon and I can't wait, I have noticed for sure that allot of good folks live in Dacula. Thanks again for making me feel at ease. As you all know sometime changes can be difficult. Have a wonderful day now, and bless you all. Keep waiving it is just superb, that Daculans do that.

Bri

Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 AM

1,025 posts, read 3,812,986 times
Quote:
I am looking somewhere that we can feel at ease.
That is mostly what keeps me posting on this board.

It's getting a little crowded here, but people who intend to be good citizens of Georgia, who will appreciate the south and help us take care of this part of it are welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or