Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:19 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshlynB
I live in South Georgia and I love it... I think that South Georgia is a great place to bring your kids. The going rate for a three bedroom, two bath house here is anywhere from 50,000-90,000 just according to the location. The small town life has its ups and downs. If you live in a small town everyone knows your business but on the other hand your neighbor will always be there for you. Southern people will give you the shirt off there back. I have friends who moved here from L.A. and they love it. They think that I talk funny, I think they talk funny also but I still love them. The biggest thing is the way people talk and the funny little sayings that we have here. I think your family would love it here. Look into Fitzgerald or Tifton Georgia. I hope ya'll find somewhere nice to live.
Try going to middle or high school in Coffee County.

You'll change that "great place to bring your kids" talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2006, 06:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Default The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I live in NE Ga in the Buford/Dacula area. A NE burb of Atlanta.

Georgia is a beautiful state. The taxes are low, and in comparison to Cali, or other large metro areas homes are much less.

Now MY opinion:

Good:
Beautiful

Stone Mountain

Close to major beaches Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, and Jax all in a 4-5 hour drive. Mountains only 40 minutes away. No need to worry about the Hurricanes.

Everything at my fingertips being close to the Mall of Georgia.

School districts in Dacula and Mill Creek are top rated

Home values are going up,up, up due to the influx. The 10 county Atlanta area grew by 110,000 people last year alone.

Bad:

Out of control development.

Traffic

Heat and Humidity. Now keep in mind this is my opinon since I love cold weather. Being from San Diego the humidity will be your largest test. Now my wife loves it. The hotter the better.

Atlanta
Yes, the city of Atlanta. Such potential but poor leadership. The mayor aka Queen Shirley would rather travel the world on the taxpayers dime than pay attention to the city. Yes, today it was announced she is leaving for China! She just returned from her Africa tour! Between her and the past crook, Mayor Campbell who is on his way to jail, the city has turned into the Detroit of the South. Urban decay, and the 7th most dangerous city over 100,000 population in the country. For large cities, Atlanta ranks right under #1 Detroit. We just keep praying that the citizenry will wise up and push her out. But, the only issue is everyone else that could get rid of these losers have left for the burb's, thus the out of control development.

Good Luck in your search.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM

10 posts, read 35,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahju@cox.net View Post
My family lives about 15 miles outside of downtown San Diego. We have a double-wide manufactured home for around $1300 a month rent (veries due to gas and electric- usually higher- closer to $1400). We have 3 kids- and would like to provide a good enviroment for them, with not always just making ends meet. The going rate for a 3 bedroom home in my area is $600,000. I keep reading great things about Georgia- but would really appriciate a honest opinion from people who live there. Where are the bad areas? Every place talks about how great it is to live there (not only Georgia-every state does)- but in reality- what are the bad? I also would love to know the good from "real people". Ok- gimme the good and the bad if it's not to much to ask!
Please stop, you must where to go the arbors are a ghetto

Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,572,507 times
uhh......the original post was 5 years ago. i don't understand why such aged posts remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia