U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,259 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am hoping to get some input on where in Ga is a good place for middle class families, affordable homes and a good school system? I am originally from N.Y moved to FL we've been here 12 yrs. My husband works in a hospital setting. I am a cna we make out alright could be better. I've heard from various peolpe that GA is a good place for black families to own homes & start a new with good paying jobs. Some one tell me the real deal. This time I want to look longer before I leep. I miss the city living. would like to be on the out skirts so I can have room for play with my middle school aged children.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 45,401 times
Thumbs up vp

Quote:
Originally Posted by something new View Post
Hello everyone. I am hoping to get some input on where in Ga is a good place for middle class families, affordable homes and a good school system? I am originally from N.Y moved to FL we've been here 12 yrs. My husband works in a hospital setting. I am a cna we make out alright could be better. I've heard from various peolpe that GA is a good place for black families to own homes & start a new with good paying jobs. Some one tell me the real deal. This time I want to look longer before I leep. I miss the city living. would like to be on the out skirts so I can have room for play with my middle school aged children.
Thanks
augusta has been a good place for my family and I, after living in trenton nj for 32 year, checkout the south augusta hephzibah area,a up and coming suburban area of hunter mills and karanington estate,with nice size land + house @ a good price. contact- blanchard and calhoun real estate speak to karen walker 706-312-5800 ps check mcg hospital, a con"t growing hosiptal,

Last edited by globalvisioneers; 11-26-2007 at 11:16 AM..

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 AM

7 posts, read 45,401 times
augusta has been a good place for my family and I, after living in trenton nj for 32 year, checkout the south augusta hephzibah area,a up and coming suburban area of hunter mills and karanington estate,with nice size land + house @ a good price. contact- blanchard and calhoun real estate speak to karen walker 706-312-5800 ps check mcg hospital, a con"t growing hosiptal,

Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM

33 posts, read 113,048 times
Default Moving to GA

I cuurently live in Davie, FL and can't afford the cost of living down here. I am thinking of moving to GA as well. I personally have been looking into the Kennesaw Area. It sounds nice. I will be goin up on Jan. 19 and staying till the 21st. This move wouldn't take place until late next year.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM

10 posts, read 32,120 times
Metro Atlanta is a great place for black families. The more affordable areas are generally South, West and some areas East of Atlanta. I live in Gwinnett (East of Atlanta) which has many affordable areas with low crime and good schools.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,669,063 times
South Augusta area(including Hephzibah)=High Crime... major gang raid recently in that area which is described as just the tip of the iceberg....Bad Schools (No public high school in South Augusta has a graduation rate above 50%).... yes this area just sounds like a lovely place to raise a family.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM

383 posts, read 518,854 times
Again the ppl were from meadowbrook and barton village. This is in south augusta yes, but the hephzibah area of south augusta is about 20 to 30 mins from this area. There nowhere even close to each other, on two diffrent sides of town. I know cross creek has a graduation rate of 50% i dont buy that. The city of hephzibah has less crime than evans, martinez, or anywhere else in columbia county. Columbia county has a major meth problem it is causing ppl to steal copper from churches and commit other crimes. Hephzibah doesnt have any crime at all. This gang raid somebody is reffering to who thinks they know what there talking about. Obviosuly doesnt and just saw a article or the news. Because there wasnt no gang raid in hephzibah city, they just got 3 ppl from fareighton a neighboorhood on windsor spring rd with is considered the sometime to be hephzibah. Fareighton has over probably 200 homes. Only 3 ppl, if so many gangs why no more ppl since hephzibah area is so bad. Some ppl dont know what there talking about. Some ppl in hephzibah have already complained to augusta chronicle about trying to lump them in just because their in south richmond county. Somebody wrote something to augusta chronicle about this very subject. The ppl in hephzibah are saying we didnt see any gang raid yet the news is acting like is right outside their door. A lady said i paid to much for my house, for the news to not know what theyre talking about. South augusta is 4 times the size of east augusta and about 3 times the size of west augusta. Goshen in south augusta since the poster is telling you its so bad. How come the same poster who is telling who south augusta =high crime. I sure do see alot of columbia county tags in or near goshen. Why do they travel 30 mins just to come to a high crime area for the golf course. Why not stay in columbia county since some ppl are telling you its so great.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,669,063 times
Anyone telling you that South Augusta and Hephzibah has lower crime and a higher quality of life than Evans either has some class warfare inferiority complex or is high on some mind altering substance.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 PM

hephzibah has lower crime i said it the city of hephzibah has not crime

Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 AM

Evans columbia county is like gwinnet county in atl. It has fake neighborhoods, endless stripmalls, big box eyesores like home depot and lowes. Its all fake not a inner core or nothing. I guess some ppl think sprawl is a good thing to cheer about. Again why get the same house in evans when in hephzibah it would be cheaper and quieter less crime and less traffic. If you live in the city limits of hephzibah you can hear a needle drop. The city of hephzibah has had no robberies only 2 stores of tobbacco rd. Which is the big mix up becausw some areas on tobbaco rd have augusta zip codes some have hephzibah but its not nowhere near the city limit of hephzibah about 15 mins. Ask the posters how many robberies happen in columbia county about 3 a day. All up and down washington rd, they say its supposed to be so nice. But ask any cop what street in augusta has the most partol cars going up and down it each day. Ill bet theyll say washington rd which is mostly martinez, evans, a little of west augusta. This road is 35 mins from hephzibah, which probably has 3 patrol cars in the whole town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or