Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM

70 posts, read 96,241 times

Advertisements

"Waycross GA. He understands that I don't want to live in an area where there is not anything to do. He is okay driving if he must." laughing. The fact that you even said this in the same breath has me in tears! The only thing in Waycross is Waycross.
Thats probably why they why they names "Way -across - GA " ha!!! Or they could have named it "2 miles east of Jesus." "We don't know much about the area." Clearly. lmbo! "10 minute span to places to eat/shop."
I assume you're talking about walking from one end of your yard to the other side! HA! "He is okay driving if he must." Whaaaa!? There is no public transit in Waycross because the pop. is so low. U could go to "Shinnig Time Station" ask for "Thomas the Tank Engine" HAAA! "good schools"
Sure. They only have 2 middle schools and 1 high school! I know GA well. I'm making light cause I want you know from someone who knows GA firsthand; how rural this city is. "10 minute span to places to eat/shop" Every time I read this.. #OMGthisladyisserious #I'mDone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,341 times
You need to abandon any ideas of moving to Waycross. If you're not going to be a doctor or lawyer, you will struggle here. Most jobs are minimum wage with horrible hours. Even if you've got a job lined up and just need to re-locate to here, you will be trapped in a humid bubble of boredom and heat exhaustion from the abnormal climate. Waycross barely has a pulse, as it kind of survives on a few fast-food chains and some immensely overpriced Non-chain restaurants that are only open when they feel like opening.

And...it's pretty much WAY TOO HOT all the time. I will say one positive thing is that during winter it usually won't get too cold. But the drop of several degrees overnight, or just in a few hours, will make anyone uncomfortable. And basically when May arrives, look out. During the summer, you are going to be miserable...MISERABLE! It is an abnormal heat the feels like a hot wet rag on your face and extremities every time you walk outside. You can have the AC on as much as you want, but you'll still feel the sun-fueled humidity pushing it's way in through your walls. A simple walk to your car will make you sick and feel unwell. And I don't know why, but almost every person's AC in their car goes out quickly. Probably from the intense heat that blows the AC out.

You like to grocery shop? You like fresh foods that keep you happy and healthy? Well too bad. Wal-Mart or Kroger's. Take your pick. There's Harvey's you could try, but hardly anything is organic and everything is way overpriced. Food in general here is overpriced. Your lucky if your restaurant bill is 20 bucks for greasy artery-clogging food. Most of the restaurants will give you joke portions--even the better known chains. You'll get an ice cream scoop of rice with probably an okay piece of meat at best.

So you're probably wondering how the schools are. Maybe you want to bring your kids here for nice schools. Run. Get out now. That's all that needs to be said.

But there must be things to do right? I mean, at least there are some interesting stores and places to go right? WRONG. Absolutely nothing to do. The best thing around here is the Laura Walker Park. That's it. Oh yeah...and that swamp everyone keeps talking about. If you want ANYTHING to do, you must be willing to drive AT LEAST an hour to do anything, EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO GO OUT SOMEWHERE.

Oh...and don't get sick. You might have to seek medical care here....I'll let that sink in.

Save yourselves and do not move here.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 PM

16 posts, read 22,709 times
I'm from Waycross, too. Grew up there, but it's been a long time back. However, I have been there several times fairly recently. From what you say, you might have a tough time in Waycross. It's hard-core South-Georgia-Country. I have heard, though, that nearby Blackshear has become pretty progressive. You might look at that as an alternative. Don't get me wrong - I love my hometown - but I'm listening to what you want.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
If you like trains, Waycross is an almost perfect place for you. Eating is mostly fast food, like most places, but it also has an Applebee's and an Olive Garden as well.

As for the city itself...It's not the best place to live, but i guess it's livable if you can tolerate train noise like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia