U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 01:07 AM

36 posts, read 107,418 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband was offered a job at FLETC in Brunswick and we are SO excited! He got to spend several weeks in the area over the summer working for his potential employer; he said Brunswick is very nice, and I've done a lot of searching online about the area.
If anyone is a FLETC transplant or a Yankee willing to share their "If I knew then what I know now" stories, it would be greatly appreciated. We're looking to rent until we can get our finances in order and get acquainted with the area before we buy.
We are looking at a January start date.
Merry Christmas and see y'all soon!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:46 AM

21 posts, read 112,304 times
Default Enjoy Brunswick

We are actually heading in the opposite direction -- moving out of Brunswick after time at FLETC. We are SO going to miss it! My husband works with DHS, and of all the places we've lived, Brunswick has been our favorite. We love the South, the people, the weather...although we won't miss feeling like we're melting in the summertime.

Do you have kids? If so, look at places off of Harry Driggers. It's just down from FLETC, has lots of new developments, and housing is definitely a buyers market right now. The elementary is good, and the middle school not bad -- the high schools here ALL leave something to be desired.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,093 times
Widallas, I am looking for a place to live with two good sized dogs. I'm moving from California before May. Any suggestions?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,407 times
Hi, My wife and I purchased a home for my mother in law to help her out and move here from Florida. We just got news that she is deciding to move in with my sister in-law. We are looking to sell or rent a 3 bedroom 2 bath home. it's a ranch style with enclosed 2 car garage, large fenced private backyard, large kitchen, dining room, vaulted ceiling living room, screened patio, laundry room, all late model appliances and washer dryer included. Central heat and AC. The house is on a cauldisac in a small subdivision with large established trees and one entrance. 2.9 miles form FLETC ,1 mile from mall and shopping. house has been kept impecable and is a non smoking home. I am listing it in the paper for this weekend. If interested I can forward pics and details, Thanks Tony
Its in a Harry Driggers development and a really sweet neighborhood.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:46 AM

969 posts, read 2,672,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrose227 View Post
If anyone is a FLETC transplant or a Yankee......
Way to ingratiate yourself with the locals...

Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM

23,120 posts, read 36,887,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Way to ingratiate yourself with the locals...
LOL should have added, "or one of those d*mn Canadians that always seem to show up in February"...

Old 11-15-2009, 01:35 PM

11 posts, read 37,360 times
If you have kids, prepare for them to not be fans of Brunswick (or of you for awhile). There really isn't much to do and I know I hated it at first. It's a town that definitely grows on you though. I moved there because of my father being transferred to FLETC (also DHS) while I was in highschool and I still live there and am 22 years old! It hasn't been my favorite place to live because of how slow paced and boring it is but the people are very friendly there and I do have to say that I enjoy the small-town feel. It has it's pros and cons just like anywhere else.

When we moved there we lived off of Hwy 17. This is what I would recommend because then it's pretty much a straight shot to FLETC. It is also far away enough from the main city that you can enjoy the peace and quiet without being too far away to get to important locations like the hospital or Wal*Mart for example. Also, if you have kids they will be zoned for Glynn Academy if you live on the right side of 17 heading N and that is the better of the two schools in my opinion (but that may be because that is the school I attended while there).

My parents are actually trying to sell their house in Winward Acres. It's beautiful and I wish I could afford to buy it! Other neighborhoods in Brunswick that are on 17 and are nice are below:

Marshes of Mackay (right side)
Tupelo (right side)
Winward Acres (right side)
Country Club Estates (right side)
Belle Pointe (right side)
Deerfield Station (left side) - a very nice neighborhood right across the street from Winward Acres but unfortunately not zoned for Glynn Academy HS

Just to name a few...

Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,218 times
Default Considering a move for FLETC

Did anyone posting on this thread move to Brunswick? We are thinking about it. We would be moving from a northern state and my husband would be working at FLETC. We are going down there to check it out this spring. We will be visiting Brunswick and Amelia Island for a little vacation. Our grown daughters, both unmarried and no kids, work in tourism for a large hotel chain, so are interested in Amelia.
Any thoughts or advice? We would want to buy a house right away. Great deal on nice houses down there.
Thanks

Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM

744 posts, read 2,206,584 times
I think if you start a new thread on this it will get more attention. This one was started a few years ago.
You also might want to post this question in the Savannah forum (if the moderator will allow it ) since that is the closest city on here to Brunswick on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or