Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 10,413 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move from Miami to GA in order to get away from the city life but I dont really know where to look. Im looking in the price range of 250k or less and would like a lot of at least 2 acres.

Any ideas on where I should look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,614 times
i can help u but first answer these two questions do you have any kids and how many bedrooms are you looking for.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM

483 posts, read 2,088,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sention View Post
I am looking to move from Miami to GA in order to get away from the city life but I dont really know where to look. Im looking in the price range of 250k or less and would like a lot of at least 2 acres.

Look 50 miles or more north of Atlanta, and away from the major freeways (I-75 and I-85). Those areas will be the most 'country', while still having enough stores, medical care and schools to keep most people happy.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstayman View Post
i can help u but first answer these two questions do you have any kids and how many bedrooms are you looking for.
Sorry, I forgot to leave out those details. I was looking for 4+ bedrooms preferably and have a 1 year old son.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
Look 50 miles or more north of Atlanta, and away from the major freeways (I-75 and I-85). Those areas will be the most 'country', while still having enough stores, medical care and schools to keep most people happy.
Thanks for the reply.

A friend pointed us to Dallas seems to be a good enough distance from Atlanta. I was searching through some real estate sites though and noticed very few homes in Dallas with a lot larger then 1 acre. Is it possible to find a good sized lot (2+ acres) here in Dallas?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,615,854 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

A friend pointed us to Dallas seems to be a good enough distance from Atlanta. I was searching through some real estate sites though and noticed very few homes in Dallas with a lot larger then 1 acre. Is it possible to find a good sized lot (2+ acres) here in Dallas?

Dallas is very much within the metro area (probably only 15 miles from downtown), and 2 acres with a 4 bedroom home would probably be very difficult to find. And it would probably cost 500,000 instead of 250,000. You probably need to be at least 50 miles from downtown, as the earlier post mentioned.

You might have luck on the west side of metro Atlanta in Carroll County. I also like Pike, Lamar, and Meriwether counties as rural areas with available, cheaper land and within 1 hour's drive of Atlanta. They are south and west of the metro area.

Last edited by irishvanguard; 09-29-2007 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: give directionals

Old 09-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Sounds good. I will check those areas out and see what they have to offer. Thanks.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to add.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:54 PM

67 posts, read 228,338 times
Default Best place in Georgia to live

Quote:

move to Columbus, Georgia

Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 PM

127 posts, read 746,319 times
where you will work will play into your decision. Most people need to live near job opportunities. are you looking for nature, culture, lots of shopping? The best schools? There are so many factors that go into deciding where to live. We are going through this ourselves, and we love athens, but would consider watkinsville or bogart in Oconee Cty.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:34 PM

66 posts, read 246,401 times
middle georgia

Warner Robins, Perry, Macon area. You can find a house on some land in the 250k range
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia